The Anti-Cruelty Society, Chicago’s oldest and largest private animal welfare organization—building a community of caring by helping pets and educating people—helps raise funds and awareness by hosting its 11th annual It’s Raining Cats and Dogs! benefit on Friday, October 21 from 7 pm. to 11 pm. at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago.
It’s Raining Cats and Dogs!, The Anti-Cruelty Society’s second largest annual fundraiser sponsored by Chopper Trading, Hill’s Science Diet, RCN Cable and CS Magazine, will be led by NBC5’s Andy Avalos. The event will feature over 15 chef tastings, complimentary bars, live entertainment from The Ron Harris Music Group, and of course, adoptable cats and dogs serving as the host committee.
Attendees will enjoy dishes from famous chefs including:
• Amanda Downing, Rockit Bar & Grill
• Katherine Duncan, Katherine Anne Confections
• Greg Elliot, Palmer House- The Lockwood
• Emilio Gervilla, Emilio’s Tapas
• James Gottwald, Rockit Bar & Grill
• Troy Graves, Montarra Grill and contributor to The Culinary Canine cookbook
• Rick Gresh, David Burke’s Primehouse
• Boris Kirzhner, Saloon Steakhouse
• Robyn Marfurt, Flight 1551
• Laura Martinez, Charlie Trotter
• Latrecia Moore, Eat Moore Cakes
• Ryan Pitts, RL Restaurant
• Mario Rizzotti, Iron Chef America Judge and Academia Barilla’s Culinary Specialist
• Mark Sparacino, PROSECCO
• Eddie Sweeney, Catch 35
• Randy Zweiban, Province Restaurant
Attendees will also enjoy a fashion show from Panache Boutique, a live and silent auction, a wine pull, and a $5,000 cash raffle. This year, a portion of the live auction will raise funds for a new Humane Education van for the Society—a $30,000 value.
Individual tickets are $175 in advance or $200 at the door, $700 for a table of four and $1,400 for a table of eight. A corporate table sponsor is available for a cost of $2,000 which includes a table of 8, plus their logo on the table and in the program. For information and tickets call the events office (312) 645-8006 or visit itsrainingcatsanddogs.org.
About The Anti-Cruelty Society
The Anti-Cruelty Society (anticruelty.org) is Chicago’s oldest and largest, private, open-admission, unlimited stay humane society. With a mission of building a community of caring by helping pets and educating people, its comprehensive programs and services help over 50,000 animals and humans every year and include: adoption, charity veterinary clinic, low or no-cost spay/neuter clinic, cruelty investigations and rescue, humane education & community outreach, a free behavior hotline, dog training classes, S.A.F.E. program (short-term accommodations for emergencies), The Bruckner Rehabilitation & Treatment Center, the Virginia Butts Berger Cat Clinic, and the Dog Rehabilitation Center. For more information, visit the website or call (312) 644-8338.