Substations are key components of the power grid, and Moxa provides a suite of networking and computing solutions for constructing smart substations. This 68-page technical guidebook illustrates a smart substation that implements IEC 61850 for common communication models and IEEE 1588 for precise time synchronization between smart devices.
You can find the following information in this guidebook:
1. A summary of current substation environments, and how smart substations make a substation smarter.
2. An overview of the IEC 61850 standard and IEEE 1588 certifications for smart substations.
3. Moxa’s breakthrough solutions for the IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1588 standards, which apply to network redundancy, secondary system networking, and embedded computing systems.
4. Global case studies categorized by the voltage used.
5. Moxa’s three growth engines in substations: (1) how we exceed substation standards, (2) our value-added software and service, and (3) our comprehensive solutions.
Download the 2011 Substation Technical Guidebook now and begin your own power success story by visit moxa.com/.
Moxa (moxa.com) manufactures device networking products for industrial automation. Information about all Moxa products, which include industrial embedded computers, industrial Ethernet switches, serial device servers, multiport serial cards, embedded device servers, and remote I/O servers, is available on Moxa's corporate website.