Matthews says "...this is a perfect storm for mobile voip, we have so much momentum pushing Mobile, Internet and Social platforms right now; and, according to the Quigley Report, this is where capital will be flowing for some time."
Analysts predict MVoIP to do to GSM/Cellular what VoIP has done to change residential/office telephony. Mobile VoIP use is forecast to double according Cellular-News.
George Mobile CEO Stephen Duke says “…we are so proud to be aligned with a Venture Capitalist like Ray at such an early stage. He’s stickhandling an experienced group of investors around our deal.” Duke hopes to expand their reach to Silicon Valley where the Angel investor ecosystem is more mature. “The level of excitement with retail investors is huge right now with respect to Mobile VoIP; and eventually, we’d like to make George accessible to a wider participation” says Duke.
Why Choose George Mobile over other apps?
George helps friends connect Free from their smartphones wherever they are in the world. George works over any 3G, 4G, LTE data plan or Wi-Fi for Free. No contracts, no log-ins or passwords. George (getgeorgemobile.com) is like Skype, but without the need to add contacts. George simply allows you to access your native address book to connect with friends. And, unlike Viber, George gives you the option to make calls or send/receive sms with phone numbers anywhere in the world!
George also offers an upgrade to a full featured version with talk & text that substitutes your cellular service. And, here’s the kicker, George answers the phone when you call for customer support because they care about your mobile experience.
Easy set-up: just download the app, enter your phone number and start inviting friends to get George. Soon, you’ll be talking the talk and earning cool shwag just for sharing like badges, coupons, and leaderboard rank. When your friends get the full-featured version, George will credit your account with $10 to use, or donate to one of the great causes profiled on its website. So, you can save money, earn rewards and do good things.
Members get the full-featured awesomeness of the George Mobile experience with an unlimited plan. You’ll get:
• a real local phone number
• unlimited talk & text to any phone (incoming/outgoing)
• voicE:/voice to text
• personal dashboard and member profile
• Canada $13/month
• US/Canada $15/month
• Great international rates (pay as you go)
• or, Add unlimited Intl. for $10/month.
1. President/CFO: George Wiens B.Th., leads our financial strategy. He has over 22 years’ entrepreneurial experience in transportation, finance and accounting. He built his own companies, Kriseven Transport and Millennium Auto Carriers into successful regional operations. George is a former practicing CGA and owner of three H & R Block accounting franchises. George is currently a partner in an accounting practice in the lower mainland.
2. COO/CTO: Sam Samy leads our technology and operational strategy. Having over 18 years within the Telecommunications and Information Technology industry, Sam was recently part of the deal team at Navigata Communications responsible for a successful exit/sale. Previously, Sam was Director of Sales at Group Telecom / Bell West, and Manager of Operations at Group Telecom / 360 Networks as well as the Network Services Group at BMS Communications and ANO Office Automation.
3. CEO: Stephen Duke MBA, F.CIM, leads our business and marketing strategy. He is a business development executive from the real estate and franchised hospitality sectors. He has been responsible for financing and marketing over $150m of resort real estate and restaurant properties. He has over 20 years of entrepreneurial experience creating, growing, and selling multi-unit operations. His board directorship experience includes founding (IPO and RTO) and selling control of two VSE listed public companies.
4. Sales Manager: Sergio Alvarez Mac'Namara is a senior Telecommunications and IT professional with over 20 years of domestic and international account and channel management experience. Sergio has held senior sales positions at Galaxy Telecom, Bell West and Navigata Communications in both the commercial and wholesale sectors within North America.
5. Pauline Lai BA: Web Developer, leads the web creative, function, and online communication aspects of George. She brings a decade of marketing, project management experience, design, and creative direction.
6. Ray Matthews: Advisor, co-founder Lions Capital and BC Advantage Funds. Ray is our lead Venture Capitalist responsible for driving investor relations for George. In 2000, Ray co-founded and led the financing of Qwest Emerging Biotech Fund (VCC) Ltd., a boutique life sciences fund that in 2004 merged into the Advanatge Life Science Fund I and, in 2006, won Canadian Venture Capital Association 'Deal of the Year' for its successful exit of Aspreva Pharmaceuticals (23.4X). In addition to leading the fund raising, Ray targeted and closed a strategic agreement between Qwest Emerging Biotech Fund (VCC) Ltd. and Burrill and Company, one of the largest life science merchant banks in the world.
7. Stu Saunders: Advisor, Youth Marketing Guru, Stu leads our Educator relations. He is a door opener for George helping us reach millions of students through his network. Stu is one of the most successful and effective speakers in North America. For almost 20 years Stu has traveled across the United States and Canada delivering hilarious, empowering and memorable presentations. In fact he has spoken to more than 2000 corporations, organizations, universities, colleges, high schools, middle schools, leadership conferences. Over two million people have heard Stu speak.