NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia, 2011/05/19 - Subaru will introduce EyeSight, their third generation safety system, to Australia later this year, making Australia its first ever overseas market. This advanced safety system will be a standard feature in Subaru Australia’s Liberty and Outback.
Subaru’s EyeSight, Subaru’s third generation safety system will be launched in Australia later this year. Australia is the first overseas market for this advanced technology. EyeSight has already enjoyed major sales success in Japan.
EyeSight is a driver assistance system that combines active, passive and preventive safety technologies. It uses small stereo cameras located in a single compact unit near the rear-view mirror to recognise any potential road hazards and alert the driver.
EyeSight is a testament to Subaru’s long-term safety commitment, in addition to its independent five-star ratings for occupant safety across all its models. This rating has been awarded by the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAR).
This advanced safety system has seven key functions that include the following:
1. Pre-crash braking – the brakes are applied when a vehicle ahead in detected slowing or suddenly stopping and the driver had failed to apply the brakes.
2. Pre-crash brake assist – the system can generate 1G maximum deceleration top help reduce impact or damage when it senses that a collision is highly likely to occur.
3. Progressive start control – in the event that a driver accidentally applies full throttle close to a large object in front of the car, EyeSight will inhibit the throttle opening, minimising or potentially avoiding impact.
4. Adaptive cruise control – the system is able to maintain a safe distance from vehicles in front.
5. Lane departure warning – EyeSight alerts the driver if the car is drifting across from its lane.
6. Vehicle sway warning – the system alerts the driver if the car is beginning to sway from one side of the road to another.
7. Progressive motion monitor – when the vehicle in front starts to move, EyeSight alerts the driver with an audible reminder and information display indicator that the vehicle ahead has moved.
With its advanced technology in safety and impact prevention, EyeSight is indeed a feature that future Subaru owners can look forward to.
According to Nick Senior, Managing Director of Subaru Australia,“We will introduce EyeSight as a standard feature in Some Liberty and Outback models later this year.
“EyeSight has been a major success in Japan, where more than 50 per cent of Liberty models are now sold with the system.”
EyeSight is designed to protect drivers from frontal collisions, lane drifting and low speed impact. It can also recognise pedestrians, motorcycles and cyclists within its field of vision.
Jupiter Motors (jupitermotors.com.au) is one of Australia’s leading regional car dealerships located in Wagga Wagga, New South Wales. They provide a comprehensive selection of new Subaru and new Mazda cars. Jupiter Motors also provides a wide range of high quality Wagga used cars and second hand cars in Wagga Wagga. They are also ready to undertake service and motor repairs of all small vehicle models, using only genuine car parts.