1&1 Internet, Inc., a global leader amongst Web hosts, today announced that it will now offer its hosting solutions to the Canadian small- and medium-sized business market. As an international hosting provider, 1&1 welcomes the opportunity to provide affordable and reliable hosting to Canada’s small business market through 1and1.ca.
According to 2010 research by Industry Canada, only 41 percent of Canadian businesses currently have a website, while the remaining 59 percent are losing the opportunity to extend their reach to new market segments online. With a suite of hosting solutions ranging from website packages, domain registrations and online marketing services to high performance dedicated servers, SMBs are offered all of the necessary tools to produce a thriving website.
Together with 1&1’s extension to Canada, all customers registering a domain with the Canadian country code .CA will receive a special price of $9.99 CA dollars for one year. The offer is the ideal way for an SMB to build on their online presence or expand their domain portfolio while addressing Canadian customers. In fact, results from a study1 conducted by 1&1 of Canadian users shows that two-thirds of respondents find .CA domain registration to be a necessity for their hosting providers.
“1&1’s continued growth in North America presented the opportunity for us to offer our hosted solutions directly to Canadian businesses and consumers,” says Oliver Mauss, CEO of 1&1 Internet Inc. “While the fundamental needs of a small business are fairly consistent in all countries, the Canadian SMB market brings with it an additional set of requirements, and we relish the opportunity to satisfy these. Our recent study of this market provided us with valuable insight into preferred business practices in Canada. For example, almost 70 percent preferred to use local currency as opposed to the US dollar. In order to better serve our Canadian customers, we built a business platform using only their local currency to ensure their experience with us suited their business preferences.”
Founded in 1988, 1&1 operates in seven major markets across Europe and North America. The company manages more than 11 million domain names, while its global community is some 10 million customer contracts strong. By addressing the Canadian market, 1&1 continues its ambitious international expansion and further consolidates its position as a leading web hosting company in the world.
“Late last year, we launched our services in Poland and we have plans to continue expanding our services into more markets throughout this year. With over 20 years of experience in the Web hosting industry, Canada is a natural next step for 1&1 in its on-going growth, and we are confident in our ambitions to satisfy this strong market,” adds Mauss.
Websites, Web Hosting, Web Marketing. Easy as 1&1. Find more information at 1and1.ca for Canada or 1and1.com for US customers.
About 1&1 Internet, Inc.
1&1 Internet, Inc. (1and1.com) is a subsidiary of United Internet, a profitable public company with a market cap of $3 billion. 1&1 was founded in 1988 and hosts more than 11 million domain names, while more than 70,000 servers run on the company’s five state-of-the-art, green data centers. 1&1’s global community is some 10 million customer contracts strong. The company’s North American headquarters is located in Chesterbrook, PA.