NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Petaling Jaya, Selangor DE, Malaysia, 2010/11/17 - Asia Pacific Mobile Learning Advisory Panel also known as APACMLEAP, honored individuals and organisations who contributed initiatives to promote mobile learning in the Asia Pacific region.
The recognitions were given out recently during the GoMobile inOvation Malaysia Awards Party, an event held in conjunction with the annual GoMobile event now in its third year in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Dato’ Joseph Salang, the Deputy Minister of Information, Communication and Culture, officiated at the GoMobile inOvation Malaysia Awards Party. The APACMLEAP Recognitions 2010 were presented by Wemel Cumavoo co-Founder of APACMLEAP and Kamil Othman, Vice President for the Creative Multimedia Department, Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC), Malaysia.
“We started the APACMLEAP Mobile Learning Initiative Recognitions in 2008 to recognize individuals and organisations mobile learning initiatives and at the same time create awareness of such initiatives to the world at large", said Wemel Cumavoo, co-founder of APACMLEAP and CEO of LTT Global.
The recipients for the APACMLEAP Mobile Learning Initiatives Recognition 2010 were:
• Assoc Prof Dr Shuhada of Universiti Utara Malaysia, for your contribution to help create mobile learning content via your various games to promote learning on mobile devices.
• Dr Riaza Mohd Rias of University Technoloy Mara, Shah Alam, for your effort to Design and Develop Learning Content for Programming C++ in a Mobile Environment for your students.
• Ikhlas Bahar of Brilyan Group for your effort to promote mobile learning in Indonesia and in the region since 2007
• Muhammad Hazmin Wardi of Yeayyy for your effort to promote mobile learning games and for your recent effort on promoting the learning of Jawi via game format on mobile.
• Daniel Chun of Art Group Limited for your initiative to offer mobile learning knowledge management administering tools and consultancy app on mobile devices.
Wemel said, “APACMLEAP is delighted that since 2008, 15 mobile learning initiatives have been recognized here during the annual GoMobile event, they are setting standards on what innovative mobile learning is expected to look like and creating the way forward for both content / application developers and for consumers. This evening it is our opportunity to acknowledge and say thank you to these contributors who are passionate about promoting mobile learning".
About The Asia Pacific Mobile Learning & Edutainment Advisory Panel (APACMLEAP)
LTT Global (lttcom.com) set up The Asia Pacific Mobile Learning & Edutainment Advisory Panel (APACMLEAP) in 2007 to lead and support all countries in the Asia Pacific region in the efforts to develop and promote mobile learning infrastructure, applications, devices and content. Among its objectives was to encourage educational organizations, corporate and government sectors to start making strategic and effective use of mobile technology in human capital development and to bridge the digital divide.
We give out the APACMLEAP Initiatives Recognition since 2008 in conjunction with the annual GoMobile event to recognize institutions and organizations that have taken steps to promote mobile learning video:
1. Development Of Content And/Or Applications
2. Promoting Mobile Learning Content Through Their Channels
3. Promoting Mobile Learning Vide Workshops/Seminars Or Conferences
GoMobile (gomobile.my) is Malaysia’s only event dedicated to the mobile lifestyle. The aim of this event is to promote mobile lifestyle. The event is organised by CommTechAsia Sdn Bhd annually. Commtechasia Sdn Bhd is a joint venture between One World Solutions (publisher of Mobile World magazine) and LTT Global. The Ministry of Information, Communication and Culture (KPKK) is a joint organiser for GoMobile 2010 which has the following theme this year: ‘We Are The Mobile Generation'.
GoMobile consists of the GoMobile Conference, The GoMobile inOvation Malaysia Awards Party and the GoMobile Expo. This year, these events took place as follows:
• GoMobile Expo: 12-14 November 2010, KL Convention Centre
• GoMobile Conference: 11 November 2010, Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur
• GoMobile inOvation Malaysia Awards Party, 11 November 2010, Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur.
Now in its third year, GoMobile has blossomed into a major showcase of mobile devices, technology, services and lifestyle and is the most comprehensive and unique in the mobile arena in Malaysia. More than a hundred thousand people visited GoMobile Expo over 2008 and 2009.