Nineteen Members of NAFA Fleet Management Association were honored on October 19 with 2010 Environmental Leadership Awards for their work in leading successful sustainability programs for their fleets. They were recognized during a special presentation at the 2010 Green Fleet Conference in San Diego, California.
All total, commercial and public sector fleet leaders from 31 companies and government agencies were recognized for their successful efforts in bringing about significant improvements in their fleets' environmental impact. While a successful sustainability program requires participation from everyone involved, the awards recognized the individual responsible for taking charge and leading the team's efforts. The award recipients led their fleets in reducing emissions and implementing alternative-fuel technologies among other sustainability efforts. Winning fleets were self- and peer- nominated with final recipients selected by the editorial staff at Automotive Fleet and Government Fleet magazines.
NAFA is proud of the following 9 corporate fleet managers who are members of NAFA who were honored for their efforts in sustainability.
• Bob Adamsky, Del-Air Heating & Air Conditioning
• Rahul Bhardwaj, Pfizer Inc.
• Donna Bibbo, CAFM, Novo Nordisk Inc.
• Suzanne Gallagher, Johnson & Johnson
• Kimberly Jamme, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
• Diane Lopez, Abbott
• Louise Davis-Lopez, CFM/CAFM, Johnson & Johnson
• Pete Silva, PepsiCo.
• George Survant, Florida Power & Light
In addition, NAFA is proud of the 10 public sector fleet managers who are members of NAFA who were also honored for their efforts in sustainability.
• Richard Battersby, CAFM, University of California at Davis
• Douglas Bond, County of Alameda
• Larry Campbell, City of Fort Wayne
• Paul Condran, City of Culver City Transportation Department
• Robert Howdyshell, County of Riverside
• Ernest Ivy, City and County of Denver
• Rick Longobart, City of Santa Ana Corporation Yard
• Allen Mitchell, Snohomish County Department Of Public Works
• Steve Weir, CAFM, City of New York, New York
• Chris Wiley, City of Seattle Fleets & Facilities Department
About NAFA Fleet Management Association
NAFA Fleet Management Association (nafa.org) is a not-for-profit, individual membership professional society serving the needs of members who manage fleets of sedans, public safety vehicles, trucks, and buses of all types and sizes, and a wide range of military and off-road equipment for organizations across the globe. NAFA is the association for the diverse vehicle fleet management profession regardless of organizational type, geographic location or fleet composition. NAFA's Full and Associate Members are responsible for the specification, acquisition, maintenance and repair, fueling, risk management, and remarketing of more than 3.5 million vehicles including in excess of 1.1 million trucks of which 350 thousand are medium- and heavy-duty trucks.