Volunteering with populations in need is an integral part to a meaningful travel experience.
Westcoast Connection / 360° Student Travel documented 29,505 hours last summer helping communities in Africa, Alaska, California, China, Costa Rica, Hawaii, Israel, and Peru. Through direct and indirect service, our travelers worked on a variety of projects at some of the places below:
- Alaska – The Food Bank of Alaska, Kids’ Kitchen, the Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies, Dare to Care, and the Seldovia Boys & Girls Club;
- Africa – Sihlekisi Primary School and Chanoga Community Maun;
- California – Habitat for Humanity, the Boys & Girls Club of Santa Monica, the Orange County Rescue Mission, and the Ronald McDonald House;
- Hawaii – Habitat for Humanity, Boys & Girls Club, Hawaii Nature Center, Read 2 Me;
- Israel Experience - Youth Center in Ramle Community;
- Costa Rica Community Service – Humanitarian Foundation, Monteverde Cloud Forest, Habitat for Humanity and the Flamingo Community Project;
- Costa Rica Rainforest Language Immersion – Hogar Ama Orphanage and the Apamar Center;
- Costa Rica Combination – Humanitarian Foundation, Monteverde Cloud Forest, Flamingo Community Project;
- Active Teen Tours and Outdoor Adventure Programs – Los Angeles Food Bank.
About Westcoast Connection
Westcoast Connection / 360° Student Travel (westcoastconnection.com) is in its 29th year of showing teenagers the summer of a lifetime. Westcoast Connection offers North American and Overseas Teen Tours. 360° Student Travel offers Community Service, Language Immersion, Pre-College Enrichment, Global Adventures, and Family Programs throughout the USA including Alaska and Hawaii, Canada, Europe, Australia, Costa Rica, Peru, Africa, China, Israel, and Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands.
Regardless of program type, all of our itineraries are created with the understanding that no matter what one wants to accomplish during the summer, the challenges and experiences should be enjoyable as well as rewarding.