The Australian Water Association (AWA), Australia’s leading water sector body and Ektron Inc. announced today the complete redesign of AWA’s website. AWA’s goal was to develop a rich, dynamic site for personalized, two-way communications with AWA members and site visitors. In addition, Ektron developed an integration solution to connect AWA’s customer relationship management (CRM) system to the AWA member module.
“Ektron delivers the right technical capabilities to effectively meet our web content management requirements. Important for a not-for-profit organization, the software also achieved good value for the investment,” said Ian Jarman, Chief Operating Officer at the Australian Water Association. “The technical support from Ektron has enabled us to develop a high-quality, easy-to-navigate website that is attracting positive feedback from our members.”
Highlights of the new Australian Water Association website:
• Integrates with AWA’s Sage CRM/Sage Accpac member module to track information about general interests so the site is more personalized based on AWA member interest.
• Applies workflows, approval chains and permissions as well as maintains a complete history of AWA’s site pages.
• Organizes content intuitively for AWA’s extensive events calendar with taxonomy and folder structures.
• Ensures pages and content are search engine ready with search engine optimization (SEO) tools.
• Leverages content management in direct response to site traffic analysis without leaving the web content management system.
• Quickly assembles pages with built-in and custom widgets from Ektron’s PageBuilder.
• As a result of the ease-of-integration with the Ektron technology, AWA soon will connect eCommerce capabilities to the site, offering direct availability to related AWA journals and publications from awa.asn.au/.
“Australian Water Association’s site redesign underscores the benefits of our core web content management technology and demonstrates Ektron’s distinct ability to integrate with existing IT environments,” said Bill Rogers, founder and CEO of Ektron. “The web will continue to evolve at a rapid pace – we will help customers like AWA evolve with it, delivering business-critical web solutions today that will adapt seamlessly to future technologies.”
About The Australian Water Association
The Australian Water Association (AWA) is Australia’s leading water sector body, representing over 10,000 water professionals around the country and across all water disciplines. AWA (awa.asn.au) provides leadership in the water sector on a wide range of issues, including skills shortages, climate change and water reuse and recycling. AWA works to enhance the skills and knowledge of water professionals and promote and disseminate best practices through an extensive range of technical seminars, courses and events.
Ektron, Inc. (ektron.com) has innovated web technology since 1998. By integrating web content management (WCM), marketing optimization and social software, Ektron’s software and solutions improve operational efficiency, drive revenue growth and build customer loyalty. Ektron empowers marketers to create, publish and optimize web content that engages, converts and retains customers. Developers benefit from Ektron's extensibility and commitment to the Microsoft .NET framework. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, with offices in Australia, Canada, Singapore and the United Kingdom, Ektron has more than 8,000 customers worldwide including Carnegie Hall, Home Depot, Kodak, Microsoft, NASDAQ, Texas Children's Hospital and the University of Notre Dame.