NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Raleigh, NC, United States, 2010/08/12 - New features include cross-platform support for hosts, Android application.
Elsinore Technologies, a leading provider of on-premises issue management and remote support software, released the latest version of its remote support software, ScreenConnect 1.8. With this release, Elsinore provides a remote support software application that is accessible to an even wider range of users.
ScreenConnect 1.8 Features Include:
• Expanded cross-platform compatibility – technicians can now host sessions with any computer as long as an operating system is compliant with ScreenConnect’s Java Web Start Host Client. This provides extensive flexibility for hosts who want to use their Mac or Linux-based PC for hosting sessions with clients.
• New custom toolbox, allowing hosts to organize and launch support applications located on the host computer to the guest computer via a single mouse click icon.
• Android phone application that connects mobile users to their client PC’s via their Android OS based smart phones.
• Change in license consumption policy – sessions that are left open by the host no longer consume a license, resulting in an immediate 20-30% ROI improvement for most customers.
• File transfer now supports entire directory trees.
• Increased customization and branding of the software, permitting hosts to completely remove the ScreenConnect name and brand the product as required. With the 1.8 build there are now 150+ customizable fields and labels open to the ScreenConnect administrator.
“ScreenConnect 1.8 is our most diverse and extensive release since we launched the product. With the number of high-level features available, it is already a hit with our current customer base and new users alike,” states Elsinore Technologies Business Development Manager Jeff Bishop. “This release says a lot about who we are as a company. We are building a solid customer base by providing a quality application at an affordable price.”
About Elsinore Technologies
With more than 3000 customers worldwide and 15 years of experience, Elsinore Technologies (elsitech.com) is a leading provider of quality on-premises server based software applications. Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, Elsinore’s software applications provide organizations of all sizes highly extensible and flexible tools at prices that companies can afford.
Contact: Jeff Bishop, Elsinore Technologies / P: (919) 532-0022 x415 / E: bizdev[.]elsitech.com.