Gather professionals and attend the demand of a hot market, which is expected to grow as the 2014 World Cup and the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016 are approaching to the beginning, is one of the goals of the 48th Equipotel. The biggest and best hospitality fair in Latin America happens from 13th to 16th September of 2010 at the Anhembi Parque, in Sao Paulo, and will be a “five stars” to businessmen and suppliers close terrific deals and talk about the future of the hospitality industry to the next years. In 2010, the event has almost 13% more exhibitors when compared to the last year, getting approximately to 700 companies. This number means a growth of 17% of stands if compared to 2009 and the expectation is receive more than 50 thousand visitors during the four days event.
Counting down a month to the opening, Equipotel has sold almost 100% of its stands, which represents the euphoria and solid growth of the segment in Brazil. According to Katia Castro, Equipotel’s Managing Director, “the investment in the hospitality industry and food service will reach about R$ 18 billion in the next four years. Actually, there are about 270 hotels, motels and resorts under construction in the country”.
Besides the main event, the Equipotel 2010 hosts nine simultaneous events: Equip Conference Gastronomia (Gastronomy), Equip Conference Hotelaria (Hospitality), 4th Equip Food&Drinks, 19th Equip Design, 5th Equip Spa&Wellness and the Gastronomic Arena with its 4 events, that are: Aula Show (show class), Drink Show, Carve and Class of Food Sculptures. This year, the traditional Equipotel Round of Business has a new place, the ABRACOHR stand (Brazilian Association of Hotels and Restaurants Buyers) that gathers buyers and suppliers to do excellent business.
Another innovation in the 48th Equipotel (equipotel.com.br) is the new stand sizes, with 6 to 9 m², to attend small and micro business of all sectors that decide to expose products and services to the whole Brazilian hospitality industry and food services. About 50% of this sort of stand has already been commercialized.
Among the sectors of the organizations in the event, the highlights goes to: food and drinks; handicraft; utility cars; bed and bath; decoration; lighting; coating; construction; hygienic products; light and heavy equipments for industrial kitchen and laundry; technology; telephony; electronics; uniforms; security; recreation and leisure.
The Equipotel 2009 in numbers:
- 82% of its visitors have been in the Fair with the intention of purchase or search for products and suppliers;
- 45,2% of its visitors were from Sao Paulo metropolitan area, 26,1% from São Paulo state countryside and 28,7% came from other states or countries;
- 35,8% of its visitors were from the food segment; 31,5% from hospitality industry; 14,4% from trade and service; 5,3% from industry sector; 5% from architecture; 2,2% from condominium, clubs and shopping malls; and 2% from hospitals and health clinics;
- Key position of the visitors: 38% were owners/ partners; 17% managers; 11% buyers/ supervisors/ coordinators; 9% President; and 9% professional person;
- more than 17 countries have been represented by expositors, among them are South Africa, Germany, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Spain, USA, France, United Kingdom, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Portugal, Saudi Arabia and more.
Equipotel 2010 (equipotel.com.br)
Date: September 13th to 16th, 2010
Time: 1pm to 9pm (entry until 8pm)
Place: Pavilhão de Exposições do Anhembi (Anhembi Parque)
Address: Olavo Fontoura Avenue, 1209 – São Paulo - SP