Auriga has a long and successful history working with start-ups of different sizes and at various stages. Such companies have always constituted a considerable part of Auriga clients, up to 25% of the total customers list, and in certain years even higher.
In 2010 Auriga decided to turn its knowledge and deep understanding of start-ups' needs accumulated from multiple engagements with new technology enterprises into a new service line, which is to become the primary focus for Auriga's Product Development practice.
The new Auriga's service line brings the following benefits to young businesses and companies starting new product development initiatives:
- Team of software professionals. Technical expertise in multiple areas. Software development experience and established processes in software development. Ready-to-use infrastructure.
- Reliable estimates (and contractual obligations, where applicable) for software development efforts.
- Cost reduction due to the use of offshore resources. The right offshore destination for product development with engineering mindset, no cultural gap, and easy communications.
Having these components in place quickly promptly and at a cost lower than a newly started company would get itself, greatly accelerates the time-to-market and decreases the expenses for new projects. Reliable estimates and ability to fix the price and time required to build the first versions of the product minimize the uncertainties in the business plan. All these factors combined reduce the risks and costs, shorten the development cycle, strengthen the team, and simplify securing new investments.
To further increase the attractiveness of its services for start-ups, Auriga has also launched a program targeted at building a partnership network with investment firms, such as angel investors, venture capital and private equity firms.
There are clear benefits for both Auriga and investment firms in such partnership. Investment firms get risk reduction and increase in success ratio by making their portfolio companies use Auriga services. And for the start-ups, this partnership network, when completed, will bring an important additional benefit – ability to secure investments through Auriga.
In 2010, the explicit focus on start-ups was added to the company strategy, and within one quarter brought a twofold increase in the share of startup clients in Auriga’s client list. Now it is about 50% of the total customers list, and Auriga is working on increasing this share further. Among the new customers of Auriga are young U.S. and Russian companies, including business domain companies with no experience of software development and small technology-focused initiatives who need to upscale their software R&D effort.
Besides the new focus, this success in winning the hearts of the start-up customers can be attributed to the fact that Auriga perfectly matches the requirements of such customers for a software development services provider:
- Auriga has always been focused on the most challenging software R&D projects. In 2010 Auriga made it to worldwide best 10 Rising Stars in Research and Development Services segment according to 2010 Global Outsourcing 100 listing. The same listing also features Auriga among best 10/20 Rising Stars for Telecom, Healthcare, and Technology (Hardware and Software) industries.
- With 20 years of experience, a headcount of 250 employees and consistent inclusion into top 100 global outsourcing providers according to the various industry experts, Auriga is a perfect combination of the right size and corporate maturity for launching new high-tech products. The right size brings the willingness to put together and provide sufficient management attention even to the small teams of 3-5-7 engineers required at early stages, and the flexibility to fulfill the specific needs of the customers. High maturity allows providing stable infrastructure and solid processes, do the projects on the basis of 20 years of history of product development, and scale the team up and down following the customer needs.
- Russia, where the majority of Auriga's engineering force is based, has traditionally been seen as the right destination for research intensive software projects. Auriga is a poster child of the Russian software outsourcing industry with its widely acknowledged R&D focus. Auriga founder, top managers, and many engineers are graduates of Moscow State University, the unquestionable leader in higher education and science in Russia, and one of the Auriga development centers is still located on the MSU campus. For a good reason, Auriga is the only Russian company in the Top 10 Software R&D Service Providers by Zinnov Management Consulting.
Auriga (auriga.com) is a software R&D and IT outsourcing services provider incorporated in the U.S. and operating development centers in Russia. The list of provided services covers all aspects of software product engineering for a broad range of knowledge areas from embedded and mobile software to enterprise and Web applications. Auriga combines top engineering talent with flexibility, cultural proximity, and focuses on clients’ interests and convenience as its main driving strategy.
Founded in 1990, Auriga was the first Russian company to provide offshore/nearshore services to EU/US customers. Auriga is among top 10 outsourcing providers in Eastern Europe and Russia, and a worldwide leader in such services as R&D, OPD, software testing and QA, and such verticals as high-tech, healthcare, telecom. Auriga is constantly included in Global Services 100, Global Outsourcing 100, The Black Book of Outsourcing and other global industry ratings. The client list combines industry majors, leaders in their segments, and innovative start-ups, including IBM, Draeger Medical, LynuxWorks, Dialogic, Actel, BroadVision and many others.