Award criteria included product quality, delivery, documentation, innovation, responsiveness, continuous improvement and participation in PPG’s Supplier Added Value Effort ($AVE) program.
Steve Lampe, PPG vice president, purchasing and distribution, praised the performance of the award-winning suppliers. “Their products, services, innovation and overall commercial value in 2009 were outstanding,” he said. “We consider them invaluable business partners who provide a significant competitive advantage to PPG.”
On an annual basis, PPG purchases nearly $8 billion in materials and services from thousands of suppliers.
Companies earning the 2009 Excellent Supplier Award, and the products and services they provide, are:
• Adecco USA Inc., based in Melville, N.Y., a supplier of temporary services to PPG’s automotive, architectural, automotive refinish and industrial coatings businesses in the United States.
• Clariant S.A., Sao Paulo, Brazil, a producer of emulsion resin that supplies products to PPG’s architectural coatings business in South America.
• Crown Coal & Coke Co., Pittsburgh, which provides coal to PPG’s chlor-alkali and derivatives facility in Natrium, W.Va.
• WW Grainger, of Lake Forest, Ill., industrial and safety suppliers to PPG’s North American automotive, architectural, automotive refinish and industrial coatings businesses as well as its chlor-alkali and derivatives business.
• Industrial Distribution Group, based in Belmont, N.C., which provides industrial supplies and integrated supply services to PPG’s aerospace and fiber glass businesses in the United States.
• Pacific Industrial Contractors, Inc., Fresno, Calif., on-site contractor services provider to PPG’s performance glazings facility in Fresno.
• Seppic Polychem Business, Europe, a Paris-based provider of polyols to PPG’s automotive and industrial coatings businesses in Europe.
PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Founded in 1883, the company serves customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, PPG (ppg.com) operates in more than 60 countries around the globe. Sales in 2009 were $12.2 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG).