APCO Radius, a new offering aimed at anticipating and addressing the challenges of transportation projects at every stage, was launched today by APCO Worldwide, Robert Schooling, managing director of APCO's Washington, D.C., office, announced.
"APCO Radius is another great example of how our firm operates at the nexus of business, media and policy," said Schooling. "Transportation and infrastructure investment and development are essential for global commerce and progress. In this complex operating environment, APCO's transportation and infrastructure team can help clients plan for what's ahead with integrated communication counsel."
APCO Radius is designed to anticipate and address communication challenges and opportunities at every project milestone, from planning, site selection and funding to construction, opening and commercial operations. The offering provides an array of best practices related to crisis communication, government relations, land use, media relations and alliance-development services, according to Wes Irvin, vice president and director of transportation and infrastructure for APCO in D.C.
"Many important transportation and infrastructure projects are already in the early planning stages or beginning construction in the United States and around the world," said Irvin, a former senior official at the U.S. Department of Transportation. "These 'must-build' projects are a vital part of the circulatory system of any economy. APCO Radius is designed to help keep these important projects on track through their lifecycles, even as they encounter challenges at points along the way. Our team has played leading roles in major transportation issues for more than a decade, and our comprehensive understanding of the issues, politics and players who shape the sector enables us to help these projects succeed."
In addition to the APCO Radius offering, APCO's transportation and infrastructure team facilitates crucial transportation industry issues, including reauthorization, overall infrastructure policy and contract procurement. APCO's team has direct experience with rail, public transportation, maritime, highway, aviation, land-use and many other areas of transportation and infrastructure.
Additional members of APCO's transportation and infrastructure team include:
• Former U.S. Rep. Don Bonker (D-Wash.), a leading authority on international trade and investment;
• Former U.S. Sen. Don Riegle (D-Mich.), a former chairman of the Senate Banking Committee;
• Former U.S. Rep. Richard N. Swett (D-N.H.), a former U.S. ambassador with business experience that encompasses architectural design and project development;
• Maggie Fitzpatrick, executive vice president in APCO's Washington, D.C., office; provides integrated communication strategies to leading Fortune 100 companies;
• Maggie Brown, senior vice president and managing director of APCO's Seattle office; oversees grassroots efforts, community outreach and strategic communication strategies in a range of industries;
• Eliot Hoff, senior vice president in APCO's New York office; specializes in corporate reputation, issues management and litigation and crisis communication;
• Mike Hotra, senior vice president in APCO's Washington, D.C., office with expertise in issues management and litigation communication;
• Jerry Azevedo, a vice president in APCO's Sacramento office with experience managing public affairs campaigns on a wide range of issues, including land use;
• Gail Lobin, vice president in APCO's Chicago office with expertise in issue management, crisis communication and public affairs.
About APCO Worldwide
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide (apcoworldwide.com) is an award-winning, independently owned global communication consultancy with offices in major cities throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and seven of the top 10 companies on Fortune's Global 500. APCO offers services related to business, industry and finance; media, public opinion and society; and government and public policy. The firm is a majority women-owned business.