NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Phoenix, AZ, United States, 2010/05/07 - The Financial Planning Association (FPA) of Phoenix will host a Symposium for financial professionals on May 26: "Unchartered Waters – Navigating through a Sea of Change" from 8:00 am. to 4:30 pm. at the Phoenix Country Club.
The member price to attend the symposium all day is $148.00. Non members pay $169. Partial day options are available.
"We are looking forward to providing a superior experience for our members and guests at this year's Symposium. We have a high caliber of speakers that many would say are only found at national conferences." said Virginia Dhondt, CFP® FPA Phoenix Chapter President.
The speaker lineup includes:
• Dr. David Laibson, Harvard economist and behavioral finance expert, will be presenting "Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and market bubble" as well as "Behavioral Finance: The Psychological Foundations of Economic Behavior";
• Bob Veres, a futurist and change expert in the financial services arena will talk about the "Prosperity Agenda" regarding key trends in financial services;
• Tom Giachetti ESQ, a securities lawyer will engage in a "Fiduciary Cross Examination" with Bob Veres;
• Jim Rounds, a leading expert on matters of economic development of the Greater Phoenix area and Senior Vice President at Elliot Pollack and Company will speak about "How did we get here, where are we now, and where are we going?";
• Dr. Jim McCabe, president of Eldercare Resources, will present a 2-hour Ethics presentation, "Ethical Challenges of Client Noncompliance".
Attendees of the all day program will receive up to seven hours of CFP Continuing Education Credits. Arizona Insurance Continuing Education credits have been applied for.
The FPA Phoenix is a chapter of the Financial Planning Association. FPA members demonstrate a commitment to the highest standards of professional competence, ethical conduct and clear, complete disclosure for financial planning professionals.