NewswireTODAY - /newswire/ -
Cratloe, Co. Clare, Ireland, 2010/04/20 - 5050.ie now offers the Q-Waves Wireless USB Data Kit, a new device that allows users to transfer data to and from their USB Devices without the use of cables. These “Wireless USB” devices can transfer data very quickly and simply.
The Wireless USB Kit incorporates an on-board Ultra Wideband antenna. Using UltraSpeed technology, the adapter kit identifies the USB class of the attached device to optimize performance. All you need do is ‘Plug & Go’!
The Q-waves Wireless Data Kit provides the following exclusive features:
• Simple: Connect the master to your PC, laptop or netbook, connect the slave to a USB device, load the drivers and off you go.
• Wireless: Eliminates cable clutter and allows placing devices anywhere in the room –NO NETWORK REQUIRED!
• Connectivity: Supports a wide range of USB devices such as printers, scanners, external hard disks, DVD/CD, iPod etc.
• Performance: Superior performance and range, with full room coverage, to a distance up to 30 feet/10 meters.
• Compatibility: Single SKU for both adapters and for worldwide deployment. Use one to many!
• Approved & Trusted: Production – ready, UWB fully certified solution by the USB-IF.
This Q-waves Wireless USB Data Kit enables you to replace bulky USB cables, free yourself to work, as you like without being tied to cables between your devices.
Key Specifications include:
• WiMedia certified PHY and MAC, USB-IF certified;
• Association using direct dongle attachment to PC;
• Point-to-Multipoint support;
• Interoperable with other Certified Wireless USB products;
• 3.168 to 4.752 GHz (WiMedia band group 1);
• PHY channels 9-15;
• 128-bit AES security;
• Regulation compliant to US, Japan, Europe, Korea;
• Software drivers: Windows Vista/XP/Windows 7;
• Device Adapter: USB type-A male with table adapter, enabling connectivity to any USB device;
• PC Adapter: USB type-A male with integrated 3D swivel connector.
A singles blister pack consists of a pair of Wireless USB (One Wireless USB master (PC) adapter and One Wireless USB slave device adapter). Q-waves also enables you to have ‘one to many’ device connectivity.