VOSI.biz, the leading cloud-based Virtual Office, Virtual Server and Virtual IT service provider announced a newer version of VOSI.biz File Explorer, the industry-leading software for remote file server access.
VOSI.biz File Explorer makes Remote File Server as easy as your local file server. With the familiar Windows Explorer and FTP interface, it lets users transfer, access, share and synchronize files online with unprecedented easiness and reliability. Users can choose to show both local and remote files, local files only or remote files only. The product is designed for small businesses and home-based offices which don't have the necessary IT infrastructure. With VOSI.biz File Explorer, business users can access document files remotely from anywhere, securely share files and folders among colleagues, friends and clients.
Version 2.0 File Explorer has made more improvements on the system performance and is now extremely reliable. It has also added automatic backup feature for folder synchronization. The main features include:
• Faster upload/download speed. It can be several times faster than regular FTP or HTTP using data compression; upload can be lightening fast with MagicUpload technology.
• Automatically sync folders among multiple PCs and users. It now supports real-time and scheduled synchronization; one-way or two-way synchronization; sync folders with file/folder name filters and automatically backup sync-deleted files.
• Supports group and sub-groups. It can support any number of sub-users! When sharing files, permissions can be set based on individual users or sub-groups/contact-groups.
• Upload any size files. It can upload a single file as large as 8GB or bigger and as many as millions of files.
• High security. It supports HTTPS/SSL for uploading and downloading; it also supports data encryption with encrypted folder. Files can be automatically encrypted locally using your private encryption key. It stays encrypted on server, making it extremely hard for anyone to decrypt it.
• All regular file server / file management features: create, delete, rename, copy, cut, paste, drag & drop, etc.
• Share folders with different levels of permissions; share different folders to different users with different levels of permissions; share one folder multiple times to different users with different levels of permissions.
• Automatically resume broken downloads / uploads from the point of interruption.
• Highly efficient file caching. It supports advanced caching technology. File-access can be super fast when it is cached. It can also be accessed offline if it is cached.
• International language support with Unicode. VOSI.biz File Explorer can be used in any language environment.
• Supports scheduled synchronizing open or locked files.
• Supports bandwidth throttling. When you upload / download large amount of data, you can configure the software to use certain percentage of available bandwidth. Thus you can continue browse the web or check emails with little performance impact.
• Supports online editing, a feature far better than drive mapping. Online drive mapping seems to be a good solution, in reality it never worked well due to the network speed and reliability. When users open a large folder, open / save a large file, it will take a very long time. The software or computer could be locked or crashed in the process. With VOSI.biz Explorer, users can double click to open a remote file, edit it and directly save it. The file is saved to a local cache folder and automatically synchronized back to VOSI.biz server.
• The new version supports Windows 7, Windows 2008 and 64-bit operating systems.
Based in Lewes, Delaware, USA, VOSI.biz (vosi.biz) is the leading company offering a complete cloud-based "Basic IT System" Service. VOSI.biz products and services include Remote File Server, Email Server, Offsite Data Backup, FTP Server & Web Server, Online Storage, Sharing & Collaboration, etc. Almost all businesses need such a "Basic IT System". VOSI.biz service can easily save 90% of cost on IT systems for small businesses.