NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Smyrna, GA, United States, 2009/12/16 - Syracuse, NY-based Bond Schoeneck & King enhances its digital dictation technology to facilitate document workflows and increase attorney mobility.
Bond Schoeneck & King today announced it has implemented BigHand voice productivity software. Since switching to BigHand in late August, the firm has been able to centralize all digital dictation workflows leading to seamless work-sharing across its network of 11 offices. In addition to workflow gains and inter-office collaboration, the firm has successfully introduced BigHand for BlackBerry® Smartphones resulting in a more mobile workforce, greater productivity when out of the office and a reduced IT investment in new dictation equipment.
Bond Schoeneck & King, which has past experience with digital dictation technology, also selected BigHand based on the ease of set-up and administration and the limited IT overhead necessary to maintain the system on an ongoing basis.
“We spent a lot of time on due diligence and comparing our options and selected BigHand based on a variety of factors ranging from usability, mobility options and the overall attractiveness of the user interface;” stated Jean Hay, IT Director for Bond, Schoeneck & King. “We always give our users options and BigHand has by far been one of our most popular new technologies. Our mobile workforce loves BigHand for BlackBerry® and all users really appreciate the ease of use and limited training involved in getting started.”
Bond Schoeneck & King, which was able to fully implement BigHand software themselves including all user training, has seen an increase in user adoption since the ‘go live’ date. The firm has documented various other benefits since making the switch including:
• Replacing antiquated dictation equipment with less new hardware (or existing BlackBerry devices);
• More responsive and scalable dictation workflows with increased flexibility for all users;
• Ease of use and new methods of dictating and leveraging voice productivity;
• Work sharing among support staff leading to increased team work and shorter document production turnaround;
• Self sufficient mobile lawyers who are now able to dictate on the fly and produce on-demand client work in a much quicker manner.
Globally, BigHand (bighand.com) has offices in Chicago, Toronto, London and Sydney with over 900 professional service organizations and 90,000 users as clients.