Sumi-G has been awarded a patent by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office for its original golf head cover design. Other patents are still pending.
The Sumi-G head covers were introduced at the 2009 PGA Merchandise show in Orlando and have received rave reviews. They are available in driver, fairway, and hybrid sizes.
“Earning this patent award is a gratifying milestone for Sumi-G,” said Marius Kvinge, CEO of Sumi-G. “Entrepreneurs understand the overwhelming amount of time, effort, and resources that go into the design and patent process. We knew we had something unique and it deserves to be protected.”
Sumi-G Head Covers
From the day they debuted, Sumi-G head covers have been turning heads. Golf media have published glowing reviews of Sumi-G’s innovative new approach to protecting a golf club and looking good while doing so. Here is a sample:
• Golf.com – “High-end style and functional design come together in a new headcover from golf accessories maker Sumi-G, a start-up golf company that brings a kind of mystic Japanese sensibility to its products.”
• Hooked on Golf – “SUMI-G golf head covers just might be the coolest ever, and they have a rigid exoskeleton. ’nuff said!” View a quick video here.
• PutterZone.com – “This product is hot. It combines incredible function with beautiful form for unparalled performance in a head cover.”
• The Hackers Paradise – “We found these incredibly easy to use, and simply beautiful looking. I had more people ask me about the headcovers I was trying out than about what other clubs we had with us that week for testing... Their entire line screams high quality and style.” Sumi-G head covers are nominated for a THP 2009 Golfer’s Choice Award.
• The Fringe – “The Sumi-G is like the iPod of head covers, a triumph of form as well as function. It literally reinvents the head cover category with admirable inventiveness and artful execution.”
• Ottawa Golf Blog – “I believe after giving them a thorough work out these head covers may just be the ultimate head cover.”
More Sumi-G head cover highlights and reviews can be found at The Khaki Crusader, LondonOntarioGolf.com, Qwowi Golf, and PicoCool.
“The best golf tools are designed to fit the player's game, not the other way around,” noted Kvinge. “If the player has to change his routine to use a tool, the tool will be in the way of his process and it won't be as helpful as it was meant to be. Simplifying the process helps the player relax, focus, and ultimately find more enjoyment in the game.” He added, “And you still have to look good. Great design doesn't have to be a luxury or afterthought.”
Launched in 2009, Sumi-G (sumi-g.com) creates striking interpretations of timeless golf favorites that reflect true love for the game. Coordinated Sumi-G collections for the trunk, tee, and green include head covers, belts, hats, brushes, bags, divot tools, money clips, and scorecard wallets. To view the collection and the online store, visit the Sumi-G website. Sumi-G products are also available at high-end golf resorts, pro shops, and retailers.
*Editor note: High-res Sumi-G product images and logo are available upon request.