For several years, NAFA Fleet Management Association has been heavily involved in the green fleet movement; a commitment shown during the recent 2009 Green Fleet Conference in Chicago when 24 NAFA Members were among those honored with the first annual "Fleet Environmental Leadership" Awards presented by Automotive Fleet and Government Fleet magazines. In addition, NAFA Member Paul Condran was also presented a Green Fleet Award from the 100 Best Fleets Program during the two-day conference.
NAFA is proud of the following 13 corporate fleet managers who were honored for the efforts to reduce their fleet’s emissions and lower overall fuel consumption.
• Abbott, Diane Lopez, Manager of Corporate Fleet.
• AstraZeneca, Kimberly Jamme, U.S. Fleet Manager.
• Bristol-Myers Squibb, Wendy Dymkowski, Manager, Fleet Administration.
• Cox Enterprises, Mark Leuenberger, Fleet Director, on Behalf of Mark Mannheimer.
• Johnson & Johnson Services, Suzanne Gallagher, Commodity Manager, & Louise Davis-Lopez, CFM/CAFM, Fleet Manager.
• Liberty Mutual, Linda Bent, Fleet Manager.
• Millipore Corporation, Thomas Hartner, Manager, Global Sourcing.
• Novo Nordisk, Donna E. Bibbo, CAFM, Manager, Fleet & Travel.
• Otis Elevator, Phil Schreiber, Fleet Manager.
• PepsiCo, Pete Silva, Director of Fleet.
• Pfizer, Inc., Charles Schott, Americas Fleet Director.
• Purolator Courier Ltd., Serge Viola, Director of National Fleet/ GSE & Ground Linehaul.
NAFA is equally proud of the following 10 public sector fleet managers who were honored for their efforts in greening their fleets.
• City of Culver City, Calif., Paul Condran, Equipment Maintenance Manager
• City of Denver, Colo., Ernie Ivy, Fleet Director
• City of Fort Wayne, Larry Campbell, Fleet Manager
• City of Inglewood, Calif., Rick Longobart, Fleet Manager
• City of Kansas City, Mo., Samuel C. Swearngin, CAFM, Fleet Administrator
• City of Milwaukee, Wis., Venu Gupta, Superintendent/Buildings & Fleet
• Florida Power & Light, George Survant, Dir. of Fleet Services
• Riverside County, Calif., Robert Howdyshell, Director of Purchasing & Fleet Services
• Snohomish County, Wash., Allen M. Mitchell, CPFP, Fleet Manager
• University of California, Los Angeles, Sherry Lewis, Associate Director
The presentation and ceremony took place at the 2009 Green Fleet Conference, Oct. 19 in Chicago.
About NAFA Fleet Management Association
NAFA Fleet Management Association (nafa.org) is a not-for-profit, individual membership professional society serving the needs of members who manage fleets of sedans, public safety vehicles, trucks, and buses of all types and sizes, and a wide range of military and off-road equipment for organizations across the globe. NAFA is the association for the diverse vehicle fleet management profession regardless of organizational type, geographic location or fleet composition. NAFA’s Full and Associate Members are responsible for the specification, acquisition, maintenance and repair, fueling, risk management, and remarketing of more than 3.5 million vehicles including in excess of 1.1 million trucks of which 350 thousand are medium- and heavy-duty trucks.