NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Santa Barbara, CA, United States, 2009/09/03 - New capabilities take connecting, communicating and collaborating to a significantly improved level by incorporating groups and individuals seamlessly in the same context.
introNetworks, creators of smart social networks, have continued to innovate in this latest release with a focus on improving user interaction and making it even easier to discover information in the community.
"We conducted extensive research and worked with our community managers to identify areas where we can bring increased benefits to our users," said Kymberlee Weil, President of introNetworks. "Our engineering team has been worked to deliver a set of unprecedented capabilities that will have an immediate impact on our communities, enabling even stronger connections, communication and collaboration among our community members. These new enhancements now make Groups easily discoverable by visually placing them on our patented Pin View display. To enable and encourage more participation within the community we completely rewrote our Forum module and extended our sophisticated Searching capabilities to now include Groups, Forums and Resources. These enhancements will have a dramatic impact and serving our clients even better."
introNetworks beta site MyVetwork.com CEO and Co-Founder, John Campbell, said "The new subscription feature in Forums enables our members to keep abreast of specific discussions of interest while the tagging of groups helps plot the group pins in the community Pin View. This not only enables organizations to get more exposure for themselves but exposure to members who are likely to have an interest in what they're up to. We are thrilled to deliver this powerful functionality to our valued members." MyVetwork.com is one of the most active online communities for our nations' veterans, their families and friends.
Version 8 of the introNetwork platform includes these highlights:
Groups on Pin View:
- Groups are now shown as Pins and included in all matching results.
- Users can tag a Group when it is created to give the Group better visibility when searches are performed.
- Custom tags can be added to a Group to extend the matching capability for its members.
- Search matches terms in the Group name, summary or description and shows Group pins as the result on the Pin View, making it easy to find special interest groups.
- Smart Search allows Groups to be selected for specific searches.
Complete Redesign of Forums including Subscriptions
- Users can now create a conversation with a single click.
- The first topic is always displayed with replies below it for easy reference to the original idea.
- Added icons to see new threads that have been posted since your last visit.
- Users can now lock or hide a post at the topic level.
- Users now have the ability to subscribe to a forum topic. These subscriptions are kept in a list for easy access.
- An Email notification regarding new replies to subscribed topics is now sent to your email, and smart phone.
Content searching for Forum and Resources
- Users can now search all Forum topics and replies for a search term. Results are displayed visually for easy discovery.
- Users can search globally through all threads or select one topic thread to search only its replies.
- An item's title and description are searchable in the Resources section. If the Resource has file attachments, the file name will be searched for the search term.
Version 8 is immediately available to all current clients through introNetworks' Software as a Service model. These enhancements will greatly improve the already easy to use platform and allow for an even deeper level of participation by members of client's communities. As communities mature, it is important to continue to innovate and add capabilities that encourage engagement and stimulate conversations.
Based in Santa Barbara, CA, introNetworks (intronetworks.com) offers smart social networks that are dedicated to helping people identify, and then make meaningful connections to who and what matters to them in their work and interests. Since 2003 the company has successfully deployed over 275 introNetwork Systems across a growing customer base that includes such high profile companies as Adobe, HP, Harvard, P&G, Xerox, and organizations such as Harvard, Brown University and the National Science Teachers Association.
These organizations have learned that introNetworks' smart social networks are the best way for any organization to deploy a valuable online community that allows its members to identify and connect with the people and information that matters to them in business, special interest groups, learning communities or at events.