NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Chicago, IL, United States, 2009/07/30 - Today SWWAN, Inc. and the SWWAN Foundation announce the first of their annual Women's Empowerment Conference to celebrate Single Working Women's Week, August 2 - 8.
Today is the final countdown to registering for the 2009 conference entitled “Secrets You Wish Your Mom Told You.” Attendees will learn practical real-life tips in these secret-sharing sessions this August 3-6.
Statistics show that 51% of women in America today are single, and the marriage rate here and in almost all countries around the world is decreasing. Despite society’s focus on couples, single women continue to thrive and look for new ways to connect and learn. The first annual conference offers a series of affordable, virtual sessions for single—and other—women to hear hard-core (and hard-won) advice from top experts in many fields.
Since most single women lead complex, busy lives, all sessions are online--no need for busy women to get dressed or go out. These presenters are women who'll share powerful tips with you that will help you make a positive difference in your life and work—right away.
Attendees use a computer and phone--or can just call in to benefit from the audio alone--and get answers that can make a difference in how they perform their day-to-day actions towards success, however each person defines it.
Details of each session are available online. Each question below relates to a particular session:
1. Ever wonder how your feelings about money might be holding you back from making as much as you might?
2. Ever wish you could make some money online--with the very skills and talents you have right now?
3. Ever think you're giving away way too much of your hard-earned money to Uncle Sam?
4. Ever want to know a simple way to use "social media" like Twitter, Facebook and so on, to increase your profits?
5. Ever wish you REALLY knew how to network instead of standing around hoping you'll make valuable connections?
6. Ever wish your resume REALLY reflected who you are? - You're way more than just your work experience.
7. Ever wonder if you're getting ignored, taken for granted, or even abused at work because you're single?
Single working women who are SWWAN members participate at a 30% discount. Read the presenter bios, review the schedule, and register for the sessions of your choice.
Since 2006 SWWAN (swwan.org), the Single Working Women’s Affiliate Network, has been dedicated to promoting the welfare of all single working women by providing them a place to connect with each other, by finding and sharing worthwhile resources, by negotiating discounts and deals on products and services, and by supporting research and policy to ensure that single women have equal opportunities and a fair voice in the workplace. In 2008 SWWAN also founded the SWWAN Foundation to provide free or inexpensive services to under-served single women. SWWAN hosts the SWWAN Dive Internet radio show and publishes the SWWAN blog. For additional information on Single Working Women’s Week visit singleworkingwomensweek.com for "Secrets You Wish Your Mom Told You".