NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, 2009/07/24 - In terms of the growth rate, the healthcare industry in India is moving ahead neck to neck with the pharmaceutical industry and the software industry of the country. Much has been said and done in the health care sector for bringing about improvement.
Till date, approximately 12% of the scope offered by the health care industry in India has been tapped. The health care industry in India is reckoned to be the engine of the economy in the years to come. Growing at an envious rate of 15% every year, the health care industry in India is estimated to be a $40 million by 2012
Keeping the same trend in mind, Welingkar Institute of Management (welingkar.org) has decided to start a new PGDM course in Healthcare Management. While announcing the same, Prof.Dr.Uday Salunkhe, Group Director, Welingkar Institute of Management said, “A management graduate who studies only general functional areas such as marketing, production, finance will need to develop an appreciation of the healthcare domain to contribute meaningfully to this sector. Similarly a health science professional lacks knowledge and application of management principles. The Healthcare program bridges the capabilities required to use and apply management principles in people management, finance, operation, communication and other areas to the Healthcare Sector.”
Eligibility: MBBs, BDS, B.Pharm., M.Pharm., BEMS, BAMS, B.Sc. (graduates with experience of 1-2 years or freshers), B.Com., B.A., BMS (graduates with 1-2 years of experience)
Duration: 11 months
Career options after completion of this program:
• Hospital Administration;
• Hospital Planning;
• Hospital Marketing;
• Hospital Operations.
• The Product Management Team;
• The Sales Management Team;
• The planning and new business Development team.
Members of the Advisory Board
• Dr.Mrs.Snehlata Deshmukh – Ex Vice – Chancellor- Mumbai University
• Dr. Mrs. Nilima Kshirsagar – Ex-dean K.E.M. Hospital – Mumbai
• Dr. Ashok Badwe – Head Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital – Mumbai
• Dr. Pramod Lele – Coo Hinduja Hospitals – Mumbai
• Dr. Shakti Gupta – Head – AIIMS – Delhi
• Mr. Ranjit Shahani – MD- Novartis – Mumbai
• Mr. Vishal Bali – CEO – Wockhardt Hospitals – Bangalore
• Dr. Pradeep Rane – Regional Medical Director Sanofi Aventis, Asia Pacific
T: 022-24178300 x739,740, 741