NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Mundelein, IL, United States, 2009/05/22 - Examples of how organizations are employing enterprise-data-management solutions to improve processes and provide transparency. Learn how solutions for data management are enabling organizations to consolidate, harmonize, and provide accurate reports.
Utopia, Inc., a leading provider of Enterprise Data Lifecycle Management (EDLM) solutions and consultancy services, announced today their participation in the Webinar entitled "Command and Control" for Data: Improving Interoperability, Visibility, and Governance in conjunction with SAP BusinessObjects. The event takes place on May 27, 2009 at 2:00 pm EST and is complimentary. This internet event will discuss...
The amount of data that defense organizations produce continues to increase. Despite years of effort, organizations still can't fully integrate data and ensure accuracy across the entire enterprise, and that can adversely impact support to the warfighter. The defense data environment today tends to reflect the following characteristics:
• Applications are contained in disparate "stovepipe" systems;
• There is a lack of an enterprise-wide data governance strategy;
• Reports can't be consolidated and reconciled;
• Data sharing is challenging due to fragmentation within organizations.
Defense agencies are managing multiple systems of records; they have inconsistent data for decision making; and they lack a single source of truth for their data. As a result, conflicts and discrepancies can arise, with the potential for adversely impacting mission effectiveness and combat support.
When based on faulty or unsynchronized data, inaccurate and costly strategic decisions and processes can result, leading to extended decision cycle time, inaccurate risk assessments, and user dissatisfaction.
During this Webcast, you'll hear examples of how organizations are employing enterprise-data-management solutions to improve processes and provide transparency. You'll learn how solutions for data management are enabling organizations to consolidate, harmonize, and provide accurate reporting.
You'll also learn how adopting an enterprise-data-management strategy can help your organization:
• Connect siloed information across disparate systems and organizations in a single business-intelligence platform;
• Seamlessly monitor and report on key operational metrics and outcomes with powerful dashboards and analytics;
• Increase visibility and make better strategic decisions, providing a single version of the truth based on accurate data, analytics, and reports
• Quickly respond to changing information-management and business-user requirements;
• Better manage your supply chain and integrate deployment schedules into processes;
• Better support the warfighter by meeting mission requirements while reducing costs, streamlining processes, and increasing performance.
Speakers: Bob Palmer, Enterprise Data Management Specialist, SAP BusinessObjects, and Doug Jones, Vice President of Sales, Utopia, Inc.
To register for this event please visit Utopia, Inc.'s website.
About Utopia, Inc.
Utopia, Inc. (utopiainc.com) is a global EDLM consulting and services company providing a full suite of solutions ranging from strategic road map development to implementation services to providing ongoing data governance and data services. Utopia is a SAP Consulting Gold Partner as well as a SAP Services Gold Partner with operations in North America, Europe and Middle East, and Asia Pacific.
Copyright © 2009 Utopia Inc., Mundelein, Illinois, USA. All Rights Reserved. Other brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies.