4 out of 5 American women say they're dissatisfied with the way they look. That will change this spring. SHAPE magazine, the #1 women's active lifestyle magazine, is excited to announce its first ever "Bikini Body Tour." SHAPE will hit the hottest beaches with forty exhilarating fitness classes, sand-tastic games, sizzling prizes and special guest, Marisa Miller. The cover model of the special Summer Issue, will be on-hand as women push themselves to the limit with muscle-burning moves on the beach. Those sexy beach bodies that women covet all year long can now be achieved with the help of the tour's intensive exercise classes! Once they've got the bod, they can check out the hottest looks at an exclusive summer fashion show hosted by SHAPE's Executive Style Director, Jacqui Stafford.
"The Bikini Body Tour" is dedicated to helping women get the bikini-ready curves they desire and deserve, with fun-filled fitness classes instructed by Equinox® trainers! The variety of heart-pumping routines range from cardio classes to full body conditioning and calorie burning dance instruction. Highlights include:
– "Cardio Junkie," which features 30 minutes of interval cardio blasts, is an ideal option for those who are addicted to fast-paced and result-guaranteed workouts.
– "Marisa Miller's Sexy Surfer-Body Workout," a non-stop circuit that targets all the muscle groups that surfing hits, results in the body of a surfer without having to get your hair wet.
– "Groove'n with the Stars," a calorie torching dance class will teach Mambo, Salsa and easy-flow dance combinations that will have participants looking and feeling sexy and confident like our favorites from Dancing With the Stars.
The Bikini Body Tour is sizzling with events such as interactive beach cabanas that will feature the latest trends in beauty, fitness and fashion, exciting games and fantastic giveaways.
The first stop for this one-of-a-kind celebration is California's Santa Monica. SHAPE will take over the sexy SoCal Beach on Saturday, May 16 from 9 am. to 6 pm. The tour continues for another nine jam-packed hours in Miami, FL on Saturday, June 13. South Beachers will get their taste of SHAPE at Lummus Park.
Pre-registration for classes is simple and quick and can be done online. Each class is only $10 and everyone will receive an amazing product-packed swag bag filled with must-have products, and special offers from tour sponsors, such as the chance to win a free trip to Beaches Resorts in beach-beautiful Jamaica or Turks & Caicos.
Can't wait until May to get Bikini Body Ready? Equinox Fitness Clubs will host SHAPE Magazine Bikini Body classes nationwide from April-June! Go onlline for complete details and to find an Equinox location in your area. Not already an Equinox member? You can print out a complimentary three day pass to "The Best Gym in America" online. SHAPE is proud to announce that proceeds from the Bikini Body Tour will benefit two amazing charities:
– The Skin Cancer Foundation; the leading organization dedicated to the prevention and education about skin cancer.
– The Surf Rider Foundation; a non-profit environmental organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of our world's oceans, waves and beaches.
So, you're not the only one benefiting from this fun-packed event!
Visit the tour website for complete event details and to pre-register for the workout classes.
Bikini Body Tour Partners
Pantene, Olay, OP Ocean Pacific, Lucy Activewear, Beaches Resorts, Tic Tac, CHILL, EA Active, Special K, BSN, Equinox, Birkenstock, Blue Diamond Almonds.
SHAPE, the global leader in the active lifestyle category, provides today's woman with inspiring, straight-talking editorial to enrich her mind and body. SHAPE is published by Weider Publications, Inc., the most influential publisher of the world's leading health, fitness and active lifestyle magazine brands. Log on to SHAPE's websitefor the latest in fitness, beauty and fashion.