NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Edinburgh, Lothians, United Kingdom, 2008/11/25 - Pioneering mobile boarding pass service is offered to Qatar’s passengers for a convenient and efficient boarding experience - QatarAirways.com.
Qatar Airways, one of the fastest growing carriers in the world, has launched an innovative boarding pass delivery service which will allow their passengers to receive a boarding pass straight to their mobile phone. The mobi-pass™ service has been made possible by Mobiqa, the UK-based leaders in mobile barcode solutions and IER, world leader in passenger check-in and processing, who are providing the ground-breaking technology to Qatar Airways.
Qatar Airways operates one of the youngest fleets in the world to over 80 destinations across the globe. mobi-pass™ was recently launched at Doha International Airport, the hub of Qatar Airways, and will be available in other selected destinations in the near future.
Qatar Airways’ mobile boarding pass incorporates passenger travel details on an industry standard barcode that is sent to the passenger’s mobile device in the form of an MMS, email or WAP Push/Link message. Passengers who opt for this convenient mobile delivery service will be able to enjoy several distinct benefits including; receiving their boarding pass on the move and proceeding directly to the airport security check-points, bypassing check-in queues, not requiring a printer at home or a kiosk to print their boarding pass and choosing the more eco-friendly option compared to traditional paper-based boarding passes. Once the passenger receives their mobi-pass™ they are able to go straight to security and the departure lounge where their mobile phone is scanned to allow them on-board to continue their journey as normal.
Nick Rankin, CEO, Mobiqa Ltd adds, “Qatar Airways is an excellent example to the airline industry of how a modern, forward-thinking airline can monopolise innovative and exciting technology to benefit not only their passengers but the airline and the airport as well. Mobiqa is delighted to be able to work with IER to offer mobi-pass™ to Qatar Airways and we firmly believe that this state-of-the-art technology is a perfect fit for this modern and inventive airline.”
About Qatar Airways
Doha-based Qatar Airways (qatarairways.com) will operate a fleet of 110 aircraft by 2013 – almost double the existing size. Qatar Airways has ordered 80 Airbus A350s, 60 Boeing 787s and 32 Boeing 777s, with deliveries of the latter having started in November 2007. The airline is one of the customers of the twin-deck Airbus A380 ‘super jumbos’ with five on order and scheduled for delivery from 2012. At the Farnborough Air Show in July, the airline also ordered six Airbus A321s. Qatar Airways is due to move to the New Doha International Airport in 2011 when the first phase of the new facility is scheduled to open.
Qatar Airways (qatarairways.com) is one of only six airlines in the world with a Five Star ranking for service and excellence awarded by Skytrax, the independent aviation industry monitoring agency. Skytrax also named Qatar Airways’ cabin crew as Best in the Middle East for the sixth year running in 2008 and the airline was voted Best in the Middle East for the third year in a row following a survey of more than 15 million passengers worldwide.
Mobiqa (mobiqa.com) are world leaders in mobile phone barcoded boarding pass, mobile ticketing and mobile couponing solutions. Mobiqa’s mobi-pass™ services are based on the delivery of IATA standard barcodes to mobile phones via MMS, Email and WAP.
Advantages of mobi-pass™:
• Reduces distribution and operational costs by allowing a reduction in airport counter space and ground crew through increased use of online booking
• Improved passenger convenience by reducing queues at check-in and removing the need for a printer to print their boarding pass.
• Environmentally friendly. mobi-pass™ eliminates the need for printing paper boarding passes.
• Instant delivery
• Improved CRM as airlines and airports can provide a range of innovative mobile services to their passengers.
• IATA Compatible. mobi-pass™ is compatible with existing airport scanning equipment installed for IATA barcoded boarding passes. Supports agreed industry standards including DataMatrix, Aztec and QR codes.
• Mobiqa offers airlines a range of innovative mobile services including WAP and SMS check-in, SMS alerts and sophisticated click-through banner advertising opportunities for corporate partners.
• The company has created a number of ‘world firsts’ in the transport, concert, sports and event ticketing industries as well as multimedia coupon promotions.
• Mobiqa’s patented barcode technology is available on six continents and in over 40 countries including USA.
• Mobiqa is a private limited company headquartered in Scotland.