With the school year officially underway, colleges and universities are in search of a powerful speaker to address the most important issues on campus. Greater Talent Network (GTN), America’s leading celebrity speakers bureau, announced the Top 10 most popular, influential and in-demand college speakers for the 2008-2009 school year.
Students nationwide have requested the following GTN exclusive speakers for keynote speeches, commencement ceremonies, distinguished lecture series and to address a wide variety of campus issues. These proven crowd pleasers are inspiring action and change for the next generation of graduates, addressing topics from voting to surviving a zombie attack.
“Our network of speakers deliver the hot button issues on college campuses; the election, the challenging economy and how to survive life after college,” said Don Epstein, CEO of Greater Talent Network. “The speakers on this list have a keen ability to relate to college audiences on a very personal level and to deliver compelling messages in fun and engaging way.”
Based on many factors, including number of student requests, volume of speeches given and audience feedback, the following Top 10 Speakers are the most influential voices speaking to the needs of college students nationwide:
GTN’s Top 10 College Speakers for 2008-2009 (not listed in any particular order)
1. Michael Moore: Academy Award winning documentarian and best selling author, Moore discusses his controversial books, documentaries (Fahrenheit 9/11; Sicko) and political opinions.
2. Candace Bushnell: Best-selling author of Sex and the City, Trading Up, and Lipstick Jungle, Bushnell takes an honest look at love and relationships and the best way to balance sex and success – sensibly.
3. Carson Kressley: Accomplished stylist, television star, equestrian, author, fashion designer and gay rights activist, Kressley is out to make over the world. Kressley shares his journey from designer to celebrity stylist, and gives audiences a self esteem boost with his exclusive style tips.
4. Mike Henry: Famed Family Guy writer and supervising producer, Henry is the co-creator and Executive Producer of The Cleveland Show. He takes audiences behind the scenes with hilarious clips and outtakes, discussing the development of his characters.
5. Max Brooks: Renowned zombie expert and best selling author of World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War, Brooks prepares his audiences for a zombie attack with the latest proven survival techniques.
6. Michael Uslan: The Executive Producer of the Batman movie series, Uslan inspires audiences with his story of true perseverance. Earning more than any film in history on an opening weekend, The Dark Knight took Uslan nearly 30 years to make. He is also a renowned comic book historian.
7. Anthony Rapp: The star of Broadway hit Rent and best selling author of Without You, Rapp speaks about his experiences with Rent and the social issues it thrust into the national spotlight.
8. Gideon Yago: Emmy Award winning correspondent and producer for MTV News, Yago takes a fresh perspective at the presidential race and current events from around the world.
9. Emmanuel Jal: A hip-hop artist and former Sudanese child soldier, Jal discusses his harrowing childhood in war-torn Sudan and shares his story of survival. Through speaking and live rapping, Jal gets college students inspired to take action for Darfur.
10. Rory Kennedy: Award winning documentarian (Ghosts of Abu Ghraib) and human rights activist, her films confront our most pressing social concerns - poverty, domestic abuse, drug addiction, AIDS and mental illness.