Animal World USA and Animal Law Coalition are pleased to announce the 1st Annual Pennsylvania Week for the Animals will be held from September 20-28, 2008. The statewide event is designed to celebrate the role that animals play in our lives and build awareness on behalf of all animals in the great state of Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania Week for the Animals will bring together animal shelters, rescue organizations, students, musicians, artists, educators, state and local decisionmakers, lawyers, decision makers and caring citizens in an action-packed week of activities.
The week will feature adoption events, leaders in our state who help animals; a salute to animals in law enforcement and the military, school activities, R.E.A.D. dogs in libraries, blessings of the animals, state legislation and local laws that affect animals, and much more! Some of the many leading Pennsylvania participating organizations include:
- Buzzy's Bow Wow Meow
- Central PA Animal Alliance - Woofstock
- Dogs Deserve Better - No Chains
- Francisvale Home for Smaller Animals
- Furry Friends
- Keystone Greyhounds
- North Penn Puppy Mill Watch
- Pennsylvania Legislative Animal Network
- Puppy Mill Awareness Day
- Tri-Bird State Rescue
- The Spayed Club
- Underground Dog Rescue
- York County SPCA and many other Pennsylvania humane orgs, animal shelters, rescue groups and animal lovers all across Pennsylvania!
To become involved, contact Patricia Haddock at 866-448-1330, Michelle Buckalew at 877-454-0807 or Laura Allen.