NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Portland, OR, United States, 2008/04/30 - Premiere eco-fashion retailer TheGreenloop.com presents the first ever ReShirt Contest. From April 25th-May 23rd, fashion fanatics can take any old t-shirt they own and, with only a pair of scissors and their imagination, create an entirely new look.
Reusing Old T-Shirts Inspires DIY Eco-Friendly Style
ReShirt is co-sponsored by celebrity stylist Barbra Horowitz, author of Closet Control. In her book and DVD, Barbra teaches people how to rework and revamp what they already own in order to refresh a tired wardrobe. She also explains how investing in high end style and reselling it is beneficial for the planet, one’s personal collection and their pocketbook.
According to owner of Greenloop Aysia Wright, “The ReShirt Contest aims to shed light on the incredible resources right at our fingertips and the possibilities on re-introducing these goods back into the stream of commerce. Eco-fashion is not only about new clothes, made in a sustainable manner, but also about making the most of what is already in our closets.”
• Winner: 30 minute FREE style consultation with Barbra Horowitz and a $300 Greenloop Gift Certificate
• 1st runner up: Copy of Closet Control by Barbra Horowitz and $50 Greenloop Gift Certificate
• 2nd runner up: Copy of Closet Control by Barbra Horowitz and $25 Greenloop Gift Certificate
• All 3 winners will be reviewed and posted here on Greenloop’s In The Loop…fame and fortune could be yours all with just the snip of your scissors!
1. You must reuse a t-shirt you already own, nothing new please.
2. The redesign process should only include cutting and tying techniques. For our inaugural ReShirt contest, there will be no dyeing, silkscreening, or sewing.
3. All participants must be US residents over the age 18.
4. The contest runs from today, Friday, April 25th, through Friday, May 23rd. All submissions must be received no later than 12:00 midnight on Friday, May 16th, 2008.
5. Design submissions are to be photographed and submitted via email. Please submit 4 photographs: front and back shots of the t-shirt both on a person and lying flat on a surface. Biography about the designer must be submitted with the entries, limited to 500 words, and must contain email, address and telephone contact information.