NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Asheville, NC, United States, 2006/01/23 - General Stubblebine, the former Commanding General of US Army Intelligence and Security (INSCOM), is warning that Codex Alimentarius, a new set of food and supplement guidelines, may significantly limit American's healthcare freedoms.
Major General Burt Stubblebine (Retired.) and Dr. Rima Laibow appeared on January 14th as a special guest on Dr. Liz Lipski’s Access to Health Experts interview series to discuss their concerns that a new set of food and supplement guidelines known as Codex Alimentarius pose a significant threat to the freedom of choice that American’s currently enjoy in purchasing healthy foods and supplements.
Some of the points made during their interview are:
- Codex Alimentarius requires that all meats, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables must be irradiated by Dec. 31, 2009.
- Codex Alimentarius requires that all dairy cattle are to be given Monsanto bovine growth hormone by Dec. 31, 2009.
- Codex Alimentarius reclassifies vitamin and mineral supplements as toxins and dramatically limits their dosage and availability.
- Many nations have already harmonized their laws with Codex Alimentarius making it their de facto law. This has already been approved by the European Union, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and others.
- Codex Alimentarius allows significant trade sanctions to be levied against noncompliant nations.
General Stubblebine remarked, “This is a developing situation that every health conscious American should be aware of. The implementation of Codex Alimentarius is quietly going forward without the participation of the American public. Americans need to be involved if they want to insure that the choices they have today are here tomorrow”. Dr. Laibow agrees, she added, “Many of the changes that Codex Alimentarius requires are not in our best interest”.
General Stubblebine and Dr. Rima Laibow urged Americans to research the topic for themselves and get involved with the process by contacting their political representatives. A free downloadable recording of the interview is available online in the Health Topics section.
About Access to Health Experts
Access to Health Experts is a monthly teleseminar interview series hosted by Liz Lipski, PhD, CCN. The program features interviews with many of the most prominent and authoritative experts in integrative medicine. Dr. Lipski is a nationally-known nutritionist and author of Digestive Wellness (3rd Edition McGraw Hill). Innovative Healing is located in Asheville, North Carolina.