NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Cambridge, MA, United States, 2008/01/23 - Tideway Systems today announced the enhanced Tideway Knowledge Update (TKU) service for Tideway Foundation 7.0, the most widely deployed application dependency mapping (ADM) solution.
The community-directed offering catalogues software and hardware assets running in data centers and continually enhances Tideway’s Knowledge Network. This library delivers a monthly update to continuously increase the number of software products recognized across platforms. Complementing the flexible custom-modeling capabilities of Foundation 7.0, TKU ensures Tideway customers can benefit from the broadest coverage of vital data center technologies and business applications.
TKU content comprises patterns that easily detect simple or complex software andbusiness applications distributed across platforms. The service currently boasts over 3000 patterns that identify software processes and sub-processes, providing an unmatched level of granularity to ensure maximum completeness. TKU covers multiple product types, including:
• End-user applications (SAP, Documentum, Fidessa, Murex) and enterprise portals (BEA, Vignette);
• Middleware and databases (Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Weblogic, Websphere, MQ Series, Rendezvous);
• Infrastructure, cluster and availability software (Veritas Cluster Server, HP ServiceGuard);
• Virtualization platforms (VMWare, Sun Solaris Containers).
TKU’s monthly updates rapidly track vendor product releases and evolving customer requirements. The service also maintains patterns based on contributions from publishers and product experts in customer organizations and covers a broad range of deployment patterns that normally elude accurate identification by other software recognition techniques.
“TKU delivers the intelligence to help organizations plan, track and validate software assets deployed in the data center. This automated view allows firms to reduce the risk of outages, decrease total cost of ownership and increase bargaining power with vendors,” said Richard Muirhead, CEO and Founder of Tideway Systems. “Tideway is the first to provide a monthly offering that accelerates out-of-the-box software detection and speeds time-to-value.”
TKU identifies configuration issues, software with known vulnerabilities and costly software that has reached end-of-life, and is designed to meet four key criteria for data quality:
• Coverage - the cross-platform service covers all of the leading products that underpin business applications as identified by industry analyst groups.
• Completeness - TKU employs multiple techniques to capture deep version information, configuration data, and license details, identifying instances of products and mapping them to the supporting infrastructure.
• Accuracy - With Tideway’s unique data provenance, users have a definitive chain of evidence on the origin of each configuration item (CI) and attribute.
• Currency - Monthly TKU releases ensure that the latest vendor products and upgrades are identified and customer requirements are met in a timely fashion.
About Tideway Systems
Tideway Systems (tideway.com) provides a shared platform for technologists to visualize and report on the data they need to make informed decisions. Tideway Foundation™ software continuously maps application relationships to physical and virtual infrastructure, including the dependencies between them. This single, automated view of application topology enables enterprises to cut costs, reduce risk and better manage change. Tideway is rated as a category leader by prominent analyst firms. Clients include Dresdner Kleinwort, ING, Linklaters and Mizuho Bank.
Audra Tiner, Director of Marketing Communications, Tideway Systems