NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom, 2008/01/20 - Bestseller - the company behind the high street brands Vero Moda and Jack and Jones - and award winning model agency Sapphires Model Management are on the lookout for new UK modelling talent with a high profile model search launching in 2008.
Throughout January and February scouts from Sapphires Model Management will be visiting Jack and Jones and Vero Moda stores in UK cities to try and find the next big thing.
The entrants will be whittled down to one male and one female from each city, who will each be invited to attend a grand final where a judging panel of industry experts will select one male and one female as overall winners.
It will be a nail biting grand final, but will most definitely be worth it; the eventual winners will both be given a weekend to remember in the style of a top model. To start, they will be treated to a luxurious two night weekend stay in the lavish Radisson SAS hotel in the heart of Birmingham City Centre. Over the course of the weekend stay they will be given a modelling contract with Sapphires Model Management, £1000 to spend in store at Jack and Jones and Vero Moda, and a professional fashion shoot.
For Bestseller this is an excellent way to introduce themselves to the UK market and to get their brand names recognised. With offices across the world in Europe, Middle East, Asia and Canada, they are aiming to put their mark on the UK market following their success in other countries. “We’re looking forward to get to the heart of our new customers and to introduce them to Bestseller brands, our family and our philosophy ” explains Caline Anouti, PR and Marketing for Bestseller UK.
“For Sapphires this is a great opportunity to find potential models from all corners of the UK”, explains Neely Reyes, owner of the agency. “With offices in both London and the Midlands we know that there’s plenty of modelling talent across the UK, but it’s not always easy for people to turn that talent into a potential career,” she explains. “By visiting so many locations across the UK we hope to bring all this talent out of the woodwork. We want people to realise that location isn’t necessarily a major issue stopping people from pursuing modelling if they have the talent. Whether you’re from the city we visit or a small town outside, if you think you have what it takes then come down and show us why!”
The competition will be at the following locations on these dates:
• Birmingham 26th January 2008
• Derby 1st February 2008
• Nottingham 2nd February 2008
• Leeds 8th February 2008
• Sheffield 9th February 2008
• Manchester 15th February 2008
• York 16th February 2008
• Sunderland 22nd February 2008
• Newcastle 23rd February 2008
• Gateshead 24th February 2008
• Glasgow 1st march 2008
Sapphires scouts will be in store from 1PM – 5PM taking applications. Applicants must be aged from 17 – 30 and free on March 7th – 10th for the winner’s weekend.
Notes for Editor:
- Bestseller is a privately held family-owned company founded in Denmark in 1975. They design and sell clothes and accessories targeting young men and women, children and teenagers. The first bestseller store opened in 1975 and today Bestseller has more than 3200 shops and 12000 wholesale customers in 42 countries and owns more than 14 high street brands.
- Sapphires Model Management are an award winning modelling agency set up in 2005 with support from the Prince’s Trust. They currently have an office in the Birmingham area and are at time of writing opening their second office in London E1.
- The new Radisson SAS Hotel, Birmingham opened in January 2007 in the city’s newest landmark building. The first class 211-room hotel is spread over the first 18 floors of the 39-storey, 400ft Beetham Tower – a stunning curved structure sheathed in turquoise and clear glass and the tallest residential building in the UK outside London.