NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Indianapolis, IN, United States, 2008/01/02 - Learning management system developer reports record breaking year. In terms of growth, innovation and recognition, ANGEL Learning experienced an extraordinary year.
ANGEL® Learning, recognized innovator of enterprise e-learning software and services, today reported that 2007 was another record breaking year for the learning management system (LMS) developer. In terms of growth, innovation and recognition, ANGEL Learning experienced an extraordinary year.
“2007 was quite a year for all of us at ANGEL,” said Christopher Clapp, president and CEO, ANGEL Learning. “Our customers have really responded to how we operate as a company generally and how we involve them in product direction specifically. With the foundation we’ve established, we’re very much looking forward to continued growth in 2008.”
Highlights for ANGEL Learning for 2007 include:
• Record Breaking Growth: The number of new K12 districts licensing the ANGEL LMS increased 100% year over year in 2007, and higher education clients migrated to ANGEL in record numbers. Among other notable agreements, ANGEL Learning signed a Master Agreement with the State University of New York to deliver both the ANGEL LMS and ANGEL ePortfolio.
In response to this growth, ANGEL Learning announced an upcoming move to new and expanded corporate headquarters as well as plans to double its workforce to meet the growing demand for its products.
• First-to-Market Functionality: Adding to ANGEL’s hallmark comprehensive feature set, ANGEL LMS 7.2 introduced extended functionality exclusive to ANGEL, including fully integrated support for learning outcomes management, enterprise content management and web 2.0, wikis, blogs and podcasting.
• Awards: Leading marketplace organizations also recognized ANGEL for its products, customer satisfaction and growth throughout the year.
- SIIA CODiE Award – The ANGEL LMS was named Best Postsecondary Course or Content Management Solution for the second year in a row by the Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA).
The ANGEL LMS is the only product to win the award two years in a row.
- Learn-Sat 1st Place – Educators who use technology ranked ANGEL number one in satisfaction in research conducted by the IMS Global Learning Consortium.
- Indiana Entrepreneurial Awards of Distinction - The Indiana University Kelley School of Business Johnson Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation presented ANGEL Learning a Growth Award recognizing “consistently high year-over-year growth.” The company also was named a finalist in the Spirit and Innovation categories.
• Standards Leadership: ANGEL continued to lead the education technology industry in the implementation of interoperability standards by being the first LMS developer to provide.
- Full production support of the IMS Common Cartridge standard.
- Native support for the key industry assessment standard, Question Test Interoperability (QTI) 2.1.
- Support for the most widely accepted accessibility standards in the international community, the IMS Access for All (ACCLIP) standards.
ANGEL LMS 7.2 also achieved SCORM 2004 3rd Edition LMS certification from the Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Co-Lab.
Following a 2006 contribution of source code to the IMS Common Cartridge standard, in 2007 the company developed and contributed source code to TiddlyWiki. The open source TiddlyWiki technology is hosted and available for download on the Eduforge website.
• ANGEL Learning Isle in Second Life: Created as a cooperative effort between the ANGEL Learning product development team and the SLED (Second Life Educators community), ANGEL Learning Isle provides all educators a place for experimentation in the use of virtual collaboration technologies in online learning and addresses ANGEL’s mission to lead in the discovery of how to best use new technologies for learning.
About ANGEL Learning
ANGEL Learning, Inc. (angellearning.com) develops and markets enterprise elearning software. Our flagship products are the ANGEL Learning Management Suite and the ANGEL ePortfolio system. Our products have been honed by use – with millions of students and instructors served from K to corporate. We enjoy a reputation for creating products with exceptional ease of use, excellent vision into learner progress and for keeping our commitments. ANGEL LMS won the Software & Information Industry Association CODiE award for Best Postsecondary Course Management Solution in both 2006 and 2007 and is the only product to win the award two years in a row. Having emerged from the academy ourselves, our core values reflect those of our customers well. ANGEL world headquarters are in Indianapolis, Indiana.