NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2007/07/31 - Lemar, Just Jack, Shortee Blitz, Joss Stone, Kano, Jamelia, Kele le Roc, Lethal B, Courtney Pine (O.B.E), Amy Winehouse, Mutya Buena, N-Dubz make list.
Nominations for the 5th Annual Kickers Urban Music Awards was announced today. The music awards ceremony will be held on the 3rd of November 2007 in London and will be attended by more than 1,200 Artist, DJs, producers, promoters, record labels executives, celebrities from the world of music, radio, TV, sports and urban music fans from across the country.
Muteya Buena, Sadie Ama, Jamelia, Just Jack and 2003 UMA winner Dizzee Rascal all grab tripple nominations this year.
The Urban Music Awards was born out of the need to build a worldwide and independent awards ceremony to recognize the achievement of 100% British based artists, producers, club nights, dj’s, radio stations, record labels and artist within British urrban music scene. Ex-Sugarbabes star Mutya Buena, Kele le Roc, Dizzee Rascal, Just Jack and Sadie Ama capture the spotlight this year, each with nominations for ‘Most Inspiring Act sponsored by Kickers’, the Best R&B act and Best Album. Sadie Ama, is set to dominate the awards show with an amazing three nominationsincluding ‘Most Inspiring Act’, ‘Best R&B Act’ and ‘Best Music Video'. Meanwhile behind the scenes, the nominees for Best TV show see a battle between Channel 4/ T4's Music Cool and Pop World going head to head with MTV's Pimp my Ride UK and long running show 'The Lick' fronted by Trevor Nelson.
The 2007 awards show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor Kickers, Head of Marketing for Kickers, Simon Jobson said “The Urban Music Awards is the perfect partner for us, as it is a credible ceremony that remains as much as part of the people as it is the only awards that is voted for by the public and celebrates creativity and youth movements within the UK. We see the partnership with the Urban Music Awards as a continuation of our strategy of targeting events that reinforces our heritage and connection to music on the back of the iconic Kick Hi boot”. For the first time ever in awards show history, The Kickers Urban Music Awards will expose fans to the insanity on and off the stage at the 2007 show via our live online broadcast of the awards ceremony as it happens via our sister station Invincible Television with millions of viewers and music fans worldwide expected to watch worldwide.
1st of October 2007 is the press launch which will see the announcement of hosts of the awards ceremony and the recipients of the prestigious Lifetime Achievement and Outstanding Achievement Award. Boyz 2 Men and Grandmasterflash & the Furious Five were recipients of this award in the US show last month. Previous years have seen legends; Omar, Goldie, Beverley Knight, Heather Smalls, and Soul 2 Soul icon Jazzy B take home the award.
CEO & Founder of the UMA’s, Jordan Kensington said “This year to celebrate our 5th anniversary we are going all out by bringing together comedy, fashion, business and music under one roof to provide quality entertainment and to further take the thriving British urban music scene to a whole new level and at the same time provide more opportunities for our homegrown talent here in the UK and across all the international UMA licensed territories abroad”. The Kickers Urban Music Awards is the 1st and only worldwide people’s choice awards ceremony. It’s an awards ceremony who has gained credibility by turning ‘music buyers’ to ‘decision makers’ giving them the power to decide on who gets nominated and who gets to win one of our coveted trophies. We have been accepting nominations all year round. Voting kicks off now the UMA's website.
Here are the 2007 nominees for the Kickers Urban Music Awards UK:
Best Reggae Act
• Gappy Ranks
• Elephant Man
• Collie Buddz
• Sean Paul
• Kevin Lyttle
Best Underground DJ
• The Mixologists • DJ Shedevil • Poser • Frisky • Scottie B • Cameo
Best Radio Station sponsored by Redmango
• BBC 1Xtra • Choice fm • Radio 1 • Kiss fm • Colourful Radio • Galaxy fm
Best Jazz Act
• Dennis Rollins • Soweto Kinch • Courtney Pine • Jamie Cullum • Norah Jones
Best Club Night sponsored by Kickers
• Get Down • Play • Sintillate • Innovation • Twice as Nice
Best Neo Soul Act
• Hill St. Soul • Corrinne Bailey Rae • Joss Stone • Tasha’s World • Nate James
Best Garage Act
• Lethal B • N-Dubz • Wiley • J.M.E • Kano
Best Drum & Bass DJ/Act
• Bailey • Shy FX • Roni Size • Fabio & Grooverider
Best Gospel Act
• Four Cornerz • Raymond & Co • Nu-Life • Siani
Best Independent Record Label
• 679 Recordings • BBE Records • Jet Star • Altered Ego (Pickwick) • Big Dadda Recordings
• Best UK Radio DJ • MannyNorte (BBC 1Xtra) • Shortee Blitz (Kiss 100) • Jenny Francis (Choice Fm) • DJ 279 (Choice fm) • Tim Westwood (BBC 1Xtra/Radio 1) • Masterstepz (Choice fm)
Best Album 2007
• Alesha Dixon ‘Lipstick’ (Polydor Records) • Lemar ‘Truth about Love’ (SonyBMG) • Dizzee Rascal ‘Maths & English (XL Records) • Lily Allen ‘Allright Still’ (EMI/Parlophone Records) • Just Jack ‘Overtones’ • Nate James ‘Kingdom Falls’
• Best TV Show 2007 sponsored by Imperial Dax • Music Cool (T4/Channel 4) • Pimp My Ride UK (MTV Base) • The Illout Show (Channel U) • The Lick (MTV Base) • Popworld (T4/Channel 4)
Best Newcomer 2007 sponsored by Footlocker
• Plan B • N-Dubz • Mr. Midas • Pyrelli • Tinchy Stryder • Natalie Williams
Best R&B Act 2007
• Sadie Ama • Lemar • Jamelia • Mutya Buena • Nathan • Jay Sean
Best HipHop Act 2007
• Plan B • Roots Manuva • Wiley • Sway • Blak Twang • Just Jack
• Touch Magazine • Blues & Soul • Young Voices • Vice • Pride • Flavor Magazine
Most Inspiring Act 2007 sponsored by Kickers
• Sadie Ama • Mutya Buena • Dizzee Rascal • Cherry Blackstone • Jamelia • Kele le Roc
Best Website 2007
• Myspace.com • Ukmusic.com • Urban-world.co.uk • Youtube.com • promotion city.com • majorfm.com • Everyurbanthing.com
Best Crossover Chart Act
• Corrine Bailey Rae • Lily Allen • Mutya Buena • Mark Ronson • Just Jack • Raghav
• Rishi Rich • Davinche • Mark Ronson • Sticky • Mike Skinner ‘The Beats’
Best Music Video sponsored by Kickers
• Lemar ‘Someone should tell you’ • Amy Winehouse ‘Rehab’ • Sadie Ama ‘Fallin’ • Dizzy Rascal ‘Sirens’ • Natalie Williams ‘This Girl’ • Jamelia ‘Something about you’
Best Entrepreneur 2007 sponsored by Kickers
• Johnathan Shallit (Director, Shallit Global) • Mike Skinner (Director, The Beats) • Doug Cooper (Director, Ukmusic.com) • Tim Campbell (BBC1, Apprentice) • Terry Pullen (Director, The Play Room)
Invincible Media Group is the international parent group of companies behind Invincible Magazine, Invincible USA newspaper (new), Invincible Radio, Invincible TV, and Invincible films, Invincible Jeans, Invincible Events and Invincible Mobile. Invincible, was launched on the 1st of July 1999 in London, United Kingdom as a styles, ideas and impact conscious brand with an aim of serving our very vibrant multi-cultural society. Since its creation, with offices in the United Kingdom, USA, Germany, France and the Caribbean, Invincible has launched the careers of musicians, artists, photographers, designers, writers, models and actors around the world, while staking out an unchallenged position for itself at the cutting-edge of international urban cool and inspiration. Fuelled with a dedication to succeed, Invincible promotes a message of unity to empower ethnic diversity and creativity.