NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Portland, OR, United States, 2007/07/07 - The Tualatin Crawfish Festival will be celebrating its fifty-seventh year of crawfish eating contests and crawfish-themed events - TualatinCrawfishFestival.com / TualatinChamber.com.
The Tualatin Crawfish Festival is coordinated by the Tualatin Chamber of Commerce and will be held Friday, August 10 and Saturday, August 11, 2007. A new website, tualatincrawfishfestival.com has been launched to commemorate this year’s festival.
The Tualatin Crawfish Festival’s theme for 2007 is “Lights…Camera…Crawfish.” This theme will be utilized throughout the festival and the Tualatin Crawfish Parade participants will appropriate scenes from their favorite films to accent their entries. Vendors are also being encouraged to utilize the theme in developing their booths.
Sampling of Tualatin Crawfish Festival events on Friday, August 10, 2007 at the Lake of the Commons:
• Kayaking: 5:00-8:30. Free kayak rentals from Joe’s on the lake
• Crawfish Cook-Off: 5:00pm-9:00pm. Restaurants from the metropolitan area prepare special crawfish dishes. Some of the fabulous restaurants include: Hayden’s Lakefront Grill, Haggens, Parallel 45, Outback Steakhouse, California Pizza Kitchen, Abella, Hunter Grill and Blue Tangerine
• Entertainment: Just Play’n Fun (formerly Gayle Force and the Wind Breakers) – 6:30-8:30.
Sampling of Tualatin Crawfish Festival events on Saturday, August 11, 2007:
• Pancakes-on-the-Plaza Breakfast by Shari’s Restaurant;
• Crawfish Parade: 10am. Begins at K-Mart and circles the Commons;
• Atsa My Dawg Show: 12:30pm. Fun categories include best looking dog, Frisbee throw, best trick and best costume. Tualatin Community Park;
• Mad Science: 10:00am-5:30pm
• Local and Regional entertainment on the Main StageFood and craft booths. Tualatin Community Park;
• Western Woodcrafters Display/Demonstration: 10:00am-6:00pm. Wood creations demonstrated, displayed and sold. VanRaden Center at Tualatin Community Park
For complete event details visit the website or you can call the Tualatin Chamber of Commerce at 503-692-0780.