• The Snapdragon G Series handheld gaming portfolio now spans three tiers: G1, G2 and G3, with Snapdragon® G3x Gen 2 Platform as the newest enthusiast-class processor.
• Expansion of the Snapdragon G Series product line addresses the growing diversity in gaming content, capabilities, and cost to enable a wider range of handheld gaming devices and form factors.
• AyaNeo, Huaqin, Inventec, Thundercomm, and other companies are collaborating with Qualcomm on handheld gaming devices powered by Snapdragon G Series Platforms.
The new Snapdragon G Series unlocks a range of options for playing the most sought-after games, offering boundless ways to play virtually any game, anywhere.
• Snapdragon G1 is designed to power fanless handheld gaming devices for game streaming, whether local or via the cloud. Snapdragon G1 is focused on lag-free connectivity and battery life, so players can stream their favorite console and PC games at the best possible quality for longer periods of time. The first member of the Snapdragon G1 family is the Snapdragon G1 Gen 1 Platform, which has a Qualcomm® Kryo™ CPU (8 Core) paired with the Qualcomm® Adreno™ A11 GPU to enable high-quality handheld game-streaming devices.
• Snapdragon G2 is built to unlock full-featured mobile and cloud gaming, with a highly optimized processor and cutting-edge 5G and Wi-Fi 6/6E from Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 6700 Mobile Connectivity System. The first product in this tier is the Snapdragon G2 Gen 1 Platform, which delivers premium mobile and cloud gaming titles virtually anywhere, without compromise. Featuring the latest Kryo CPU (8 Core), a gaming-optimized Adreno A21 GPU, and the Snapdragon X62 5G Modem-RF System, the platform allows gamers to explore everything that mobile and cloud gaming has to offer.
• Snapdragon G3 is the flagship tier, purpose-built for enthusiast features and performance, which harnesses the very best of Qualcomm Technologies’ innovative gaming capabilities. Continuing to build off the incredible feedback from the Razer Edge 5G powered by Snapdragon G3x Gen 1, devices built on the Snapdragon G3 enable best-in-class gaming experiences across a broad spectrum of gaming ecosystems. The Snapdragon G3x Gen 2 Platform is the newest product in the enthusiast-class G3 Series. The Snapdragon G3x Gen 2 Platform has a Kryo CPU (8 Core) and Adreno A32 GPU offering over 30% faster CPU performance and a whopping 2x faster GPU performance compared to its predecessor1. The latest platform brings multi-generational performance improvements paired with high-end gaming features, including hardware-accelerated ray tracing, game super resolution, XR glass tethering, low-latency premium Bluetooth® audio with Snapdragon Sound™ Technology Suite and the most responsive wireless speeds via Wi-Fi 7 High-Band Simultaneous (HBS) as well as 5G sub-6 and mmWave.
To help bring more high-end dedicated gaming devices to market quickly and accelerate the pipeline of customer designs for the next generation of handheld gaming devices, the Snapdragon G3x Gen 2 Handheld Gaming Reference Design is now available and sampling to select OEMs and ODMs. Customer-specific product announcements to follow.
“Dedicated handheld gaming devices are the best way to experience mobile games. But gamers want to be able to play all their favorite games across devices and ecosystems, be it their console, PC, or on a cloud service” said Mithun Chandrasekhar, senior director of product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “The new generation of Snapdragon G Series powered devices will be the best place for gamers to play their favorite titles, offering them the ability to choose from the cloud, console, Android, or PC while on-the-go.”
Qualcomm (qualcomm.com) is enabling a world where everyone and everything can be intelligently connected. Our one technology roadmap allows us to efficiently scale the technologies that launched the mobile revolution including advanced connectivity, high-performance, low-power compute, on-device intelligence and more to the next generation of connected smart devices across industries. Innovations from Qualcomm and our family of Snapdragon platforms will help enable cloud-edge convergence, transform industries, accelerate the digital economy, and revolutionize how we experience the world, for the greater good.
Qualcomm Incorporated includes our licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of our patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, operates, along with its subsidiaries, substantially all of our engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of our products and services businesses, including our QCT semiconductor business. Snapdragon and Qualcomm branded products are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Qualcomm patented technologies are licensed by Qualcomm Incorporated.
Qualcomm, Snapdragon, Kryo, Adreno, Snapdragon Sound and FastConnect are trademarks or registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated.
1. Compared to Snapdragon G3x Gen 1 Platform
Qualcomm Contact: Mauricio Lopez-Hodoyan - Investor Relations
P: 858-658-4813 - E: ir[.]qualcomm.com.