• Snapdragon® 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy powers Samsung’s newest flagship device lineup, Galaxy Z Flip5, Galaxy Z Fold5, and Galaxy Tab S9 Series.
• The fastest Snapdragon ever defines a new standard for connected computing, including groundbreaking AI experiences, desktop-level gaming features, professional grade photography, and more.
• This launch underscores Qualcomm and Samsung’s mutual commitment to delivering premium consumer experiences for flagship Galaxy devices.
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. announced that its flagship Snapdragon® 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform for Galaxy is powering Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd’s new cutting-edge foldable smartphones (samsungmobilepress.com), the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5 and Galaxy Z Flip5, and its latest Galaxy Tab S9 Series. Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy defines a new standard for connected computing, including groundbreaking AI experiences, desktop-level gaming features, professional grade photography, and more, for consumers around the world.
“Samsung is important to our mission to deliver the world’s best mobile experiences to consumers. They continue to set the pace for innovation and we couldn’t be more thrilled to have Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy power the newest flagship Galaxy device lineup the Galaxy Z Flip5, Galaxy Z Fold5, and Galaxy Tab S9 series,” said Alex Katouzian, senior vice president and general manager, mobile, compute, & XR businesses, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
“We believe the future of our products lies in delivering new and exciting experiences in a range of form-factors, all powered by the latest and greatest technology,” Inkang Song, vice president and head of technology strategy team, Samsung Electronics. “Samsung is proud to feature the latest flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy inside the Galaxy Z Flip5, Galaxy Z Fold5, and Galaxy Tab S9 Series. We’re excited to see how these devices will enable new possibilities for our users.”
Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Technology Highlights
• Snapdragon® Smart: Samsung’s new Galaxy devices feature our fastest, most advanced Qualcomm® AI Engine providing groundbreaking AI integrated across the entire platform. Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy features an upgraded Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Processor that enables micro tile inferencing to help accelerate complex AI models for increased AI performance, and the latest Qualcomm® Sensing Hub with dual AI processors to support ultra-low power AI experiences like AI-based echo cancelling and noise cancellation during video and phone calls.
• Snapdragon Sight™: Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy helps to define a new era of professional quality camera experiences. Snapdragon’s Cognitive ISP enables real-time Semantic Segmentation1 to enhance images, ultra low-light video capture, and multi-frame noise reduction.
• Snapdragon® Gaming: The accelerated Qualcomm® Adreno™ GPU enables real time hardware-accelerated ray tracing to deliver life-like light, reflections, and illuminations in mobile games. With support for the latest Vulkan APIs (version 1.3), the Galaxy series enables improved graphics performance and helps developers accelerate the transition of desktop games to mobile.
• Multi-Gigabit Connectivity: The new Samsung Galaxy devices features Qualcomm Technologies’ leading connectivity solutions, including the Snapdragon® X70 Modem-RF System, and Qualcomm® FastConnect™ Mobile Connectivity Subsystem for high-speed and ultra-low latency Wi-Fi, and the latest Bluetooth audio enhancements.
Qualcomm (qualcomm.com) is the world’s leading wireless technology innovator and the driving force behind the development, launch, and expansion of 5G. When we connected the phone to the internet, the mobile revolution was born. Today, our foundational technologies enable the mobile ecosystem and are found in every 3G, 4G and 5G smartphone. We bring the benefits of mobile to new industries, including automotive, the internet of things, and computing, and are leading the way to a world where everything and everyone can communicate and interact seamlessly.
Qualcomm Incorporated includes our licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of our patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, operates, along with its subsidiaries, substantially all of our engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of our products and services businesses, including our QCT semiconductor business.
Qualcomm, Snapdragon, Adreno, Hexagon, Snapdragon Sight, and FastConnect are trademarks or registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated.
Snapdragon, Qualcomm Adreno, Qualcomm Hexagon, Qualcomm AI Engine, Snapdragon Sight, Snapdragon Smart, and Qualcomm FastConnect are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
1. Featured in the Galaxy’s front-facing camera
Qualcomm Contact: Mauricio Lopez-Hodoyan - Investor Relations
P: 858-658-4813 - E: ir[.]qualcomm.com.