NewswireTODAY - /newswire/ -
Aliso Viejo, CA, United States, 2023/06/07 - Today, Quest Software, a global systems management, data protection and security software provider, launched erwin Data Intelligence by Quest 13.0 - erwin.com / Quest.com. NASDAQ: QSFT
• Companies are being forced to make decisions with potentially poor-quality data during a time where every decision counts;
• Included with erwin Data Intelligence 13.0, erwin Data Marketplace gives an organization’s data users one consumer-friendly location to share, curate and govern data and Al models;
• erwin Data Intelligence 13 now integrates with Databricks Unity Catalog for metadata and lineage in erwin environments and other enhancements to help enterprises better focus on impactful data.
This delivers a new data marketplace with enhanced search and data discovery capabilities. This enables data users, stewards and owners to find, understand, leverage and protect their organizations’ high-value and trusted data more quickly and efficiently.
“More urgently now than ever, companies must be able to rely on their data to make sound business decisions," said Heath Thompson, President & General Manager, Quest Software. “We need to raise the accessibility of high-value data and AI models and make them more usable and understandable. Organizations with high quality data at their fingertips, available now with erwin Data Marketplace, will now have the competitive edge.”
As businesses increasingly require data intelligence and accessibility to improve business outcomes especially as the foundation for strong AI models it’s more important than ever for data users to discover, understand, compare and “shop” for relevant data in a user-friendly and secure way. erwin Data Marketplace (erwin.com) provides a central location for data users to collaborate on trustworthy data and AI models, while also giving data stewards and owners strong controls for curation, governance and publication of data assets.
erwin Data Marketplace’s capabilities allow all data users to not only shop for, compare and gain access to high-value datasets and AI models, but also to receive the data literacy needed to get the right context around their data to ensure its best use. Automated data value scoring, mind maps displaying asset relationships, data lineage, community ratings and reviews, and other business context and governance guidance are well-integrated within the marketplace. Built-in task and workflow capabilities streamline data access requests and approvals for data owners, and a full audit trail of governance-related actions ensure organizations are audit-ready when needed.
Beyond erwin Data Marketplace, erwin Data Intelligence 13.0 also introduces a new erwin Smart Data Connector for the Databricks Unity Catalog. This enables organizations to ingest the metadata and data lineage associated with the data, files and machine learning models kept in their Databricks Lakehouse infrastructure. This adds visibility across multi-platform data landscapes and additional data intelligence capabilities.
Additional erwin Data Intelligence 13.0 enhancements include:
• Focused data lineage visibility with new data lineage search and filter options;
• Enhanced asset discovery with keyword search recommendations during asset search and an ability to save searches for future use;
• Expanded data tagging capabilities enabling data stewards to save time and tag assets in bulk for visibility, analysis and automation;
• Added bi-directional integration abilities with other systems through new REST APIs.
“Data and intelligence are top drivers to building a digital business, but becoming a data-driven business and organization is also the biggest challenge. High-quality, trusted data is critical to every organization’s success, but it provides little to no value if business users cannot find, access, and/or understand it. Eager to deploy data and AI models quickly, organizations are looking for consumer-friendly data accessibility, context and governance capabilities, while at the same time supporting growth of a data-first culture,” said Steward Bond, Research Director for Data Integration and Data Intelligence Software, IDC. “erwin Data Marketplace can provide all data users the self-service tools to shop for and understand the enterprise data and AI models that can help them make a big impact towards becoming a data-driven business and culture.”
To learn more about erwin Data Intelligence 13.0:
• Visit the erwin Data Marketplace product page and watch Introducing erwin Data Marketplace video
• Watch the What’s New in erwin Data Intelligence 13.0 video
• Register to attend a webinar on June 21 walking through the erwin Data Marketplace and other major enhancements
• Visit the erwin Data Intelligence website to learn more about the full data intelligence offering
About Quest Software
Quest (quest.com) creates software solutions that make the benefits of new technology real in an increasingly complex IT landscape. Quest helps customers solve their next IT challenge, from maximizing the value of their data to Active Directory and Office 365 management, and cybersecurity resilience. Around the globe, more than 130,000 companies and 95% of the Fortune 500 count on Quest to become data empowered, deliver proactive management and monitoring for the next enterprise initiative, find the next solution for complex Microsoft challenges, and stay ahead of the next threat. Quest Software. Where next meets now.