Bitdefender (bitdefender.com), a global cybersecurity leader, today announced enhancements to Bitdefender Premium Virtual Private Network (VPN) Service designed to bolster security, privacy and speed for consumers. The service now offers App Traffic Optimizer, a unique feature that allows users to prioritize and shift bandwidth to any application of their choice in real-time, maximizing the online experience while ensuring uninterrupted privacy protection.
Consumers are conducting more of their personal lives online from banking to telemedicine, bill paying, shopping, in addition to working from home. Although the majority of internet users are concerned about privacy and security of personal data, recent surveys show that fewer than 40% use a VPN due in part to perceived degradation of applications and slowdown of internet speed.
With traditional VPN services, applications compete for available bandwidth often resulting in dropped connections during video conference calls or interruptions when gaming or streaming movies. The App Traffic Optimizer feature of Bitdefender Premium VPN helps solve this issue by allowing users to prioritize and adjust in real-time which applications receive the bulk of their bandwidth resulting in an exceptional user experience without compromising privacy and data protection.
“Cybercriminals continue to target personal information to steal identities or sell credentials on the dark web for profit; whereas advertisers are legally collecting data on user behavior including preferences, purchases and website visits,” said Ciprian Istrate, vice president, Bitdefender Consumer Solutions. “VPNs prove exceptional for protecting privacy however; most consumers will sacrifice safety to preserve their online experience. With App Traffic Optimizer added to Bitdefender Premium VPN there no longer needs to be a choice. You get advanced antivirus, encryption, anti-tracking, ad-blocking and now greater control over how well your favorite applications perform.”
Bitdefender Premium VPN Key Features
• Powerful Encryption for All Web Traffic -- Securely encrypt all incoming and outgoing web traffic for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices leveraging over 4,000 Bitdefender VPN servers across 49 countries. Keep online identities and activities safe from hackers, ISPs and others for safe online streaming and downloads, with no traffic logs.
• App Traffic Optimizer -- Prioritize selected applications and services to ensure maximum bandwidth and connection speeds. Reduce connection disruptions and slowdowns to ensure optimal application performance with the strong security of VPN encryption.
• Built-In Ad Blocker for Better Browsing Experience -- Native ad blocker module removes ads, banners, pop-ups and video ads from websites for a better browsing experience. Blocking intrusive ads reduces the risk of adware and malware, and helps users save bandwidth while reclaiming the entire screen for relevant content only.
• Prevent Online Profiling With Anti-Tracker -- Block advertisers, websites and other third-parties from collecting data such as device type, location, web queries, shopping preferences and more. Preventing the collection of such data not only protects consumer privacy, it can speed performance of users’ devices.
• Achieve System-Wide Protection -- As opposed to web browser extensions that only offer privacy within that browser, Bitdefender VPN Premium blocks disrupting ads and tracking modules across the user’s entire device without slowing down systems or leaving gaps in defense.
• Whitelist Trusted Websites -- Easily make exceptions to ad blocking and anti-tracking features as desired, by adding the URLs of specific, trusted domains to a whitelist. This enables VPN users to ensure secure, encrypted browsing while accessing websites that might otherwise not load properly when tracking codes are blocked.
Bitdefender Premium VPN is available for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS devices. The new App Traffic Optimizer feature is now available at no additional cost to all current users with a valid subscription via an update, and to free and trial customers.