• Snapdragon® X75 5G Modem-RF System sets the benchmark for smartphone connectivity with the world’s first 5G Advanced-ready Modem-RF System;
• Snapdragon X75 is also designed to drive the next stage of 5G evolution in all key verticals including vehicles, PCs, Industrial IoT and more.;
• Powered by Snapdragon X75, Qualcomm® Fixed Wireless Access Platform Gen 3 is the world’s first fully integrated 5G Advanced-ready fixed wireless access platform for 5G fixed internet access with an aim to bridge the digital divide.
It introduces a new architecture, a new software suite and includes numerous world’s first features to push the boundaries of connectivity including coverage, latency, power efficiency and mobility. Snapdragon X75 technologies and innovations empower OEMs to create next generation experiences across segments including smartphones, mobile broadband, automotive, compute, industrial IoT, fixed wireless access and 5G private networks.
Snapdragon X75 is the first Modem-RF System with a dedicated hardware tensor accelerator, Qualcomm® 5G AI Processor Gen 2, enabling over 2.5 times better AI performance compared to Gen 1 and introduces Qualcomm® 5G AI Suite Gen 2 with new AI-powered optimizations to achieve better speeds, coverage, mobility, link robustness and location accuracy. The Qualcomm 5G AI Suite features advanced AI-based capabilities including world’s first sensor-assisted mmWave beam management and AI-enhanced GNSS Location Gen 2, which uniquely optimize Snapdragon X75 for superior 5G performance.
Powered by a new modem-to-antenna upgradeable architecture, Snapdragon X75 is purpose-built for scalability and enables unmatched 5G performance with key features such as:
• World’s first 10-carrier aggregation for mmWave, 5x downlink carrier aggregation and FDD uplink MIMO for sub-6 GHz bands, which allow for unparalleled spectrum aggregation and capacity.
Converged transceiver for mmWave and sub-6 paired with new Qualcomm® QTM565 fifth generation mmWave antenna modules reduce cost, board complexity, hardware footprint and power consumption
• Qualcomm® Advanced Modem-RF Software Suite further improves sustained performance, across user scenarios including elevators, subway trains, airports, parking garages, mobile gaming sessions and more.
• AI-based sensor-assisted mmWave beam management for superior connectivity reliability and AI-based location accuracy enhancements.
• Qualcomm® 5G PowerSave Gen 4 and Qualcomm® RF Power Efficiency Suite for extended battery life.
• Qualcomm DSDA Gen 2 support enabling 5G/4G Dual Data on two SIM cards simultaneously.
• Qualcomm® Smart Transmit Gen 4 to allow for fast, reliable and long-range uploads and now including support for Snapdragon® Satellite.
“5G Advanced will take connectivity to a whole new level, fueling the new reality of the Connected Intelligent Edge,” said Durga Malladi, senior vice president and general manager, cellular modems and infrastructure, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “Snapdragon X75 Modem-RF System demonstrates the full breadth of our global 5G leadership, with innovations such as hardware accelerated AI and the support for upcoming 5G Advanced capabilities, which unlock a whole new level of 5G performance and a new phase in cellular communications.”
In addition to the Snapdragon X75 5G Modem-RF System, Qualcomm Technologies is announcing the Snapdragon X72 5G Modem-RF System a 5G modem-to-antenna solution optimized for mainstream adoption of mobile broadband applications, supporting multi-Gigabit download and upload speeds.
Snapdragon X75 is currently sampling, with commercial devices expected to launch by the second half of 2023. For more technical details, please see this blog post and visit the Snapdragon X75 webpage.
Powered by Snapdragon X75, Qualcomm Fixed Wireless Access Platform Gen 3 is the world’s first fully integrated 5G Advanced-ready fixed wireless access (FWA) platform with mmWave, Sub-6 GHz, and Wi-Fi 7 support, including 10Gb Ethernet capability.
This new platform offers superior performance boosted with powerful quad-core CPU and dedicated hardware acceleration designed to support peak performance across 5G cellular, Ethernet and Wi-Fi. With these enhanced capabilities, Qualcomm FWA Gen 3 platform will enable a new class of all-wireless broadband delivering multi-gigabit speeds and wire-like latency to virtually every device in the home. Additionally, Qualcomm FWA Gen 3 will help enable a wide range of applications and value-added services for mobile operators and provide them with a cost-effective way to deliver fiber-like internet speeds wirelessly over 5G to rural, suburban and dense urban communities helping drive global adoption of FWA and taking another step toward closing the digital divide.
On top of benefitting from Snapdragon X75 capabilities, Qualcomm FWA Gen 3 key features include:
• Converged mmWave-Sub-6 hardware architecture to reduce footprint, cost, board complexity, and power consumption.
• Qualcomm® Dynamic Antenna Steering Gen 2 for enhanced self-install capabilities.
• Qualcomm® RF Sensing Suite to enable indoor mmWave CPE deployments.
• Qualcomm® Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7, supporting up to 320MHz channels with expert Multi-Link operation for blazing-fast, lower latency, reliable connections and mesh capability for seamless coverage.
• Flexible software architecture with support for multiple frameworks, including OpenWRT and RDK-B.
• With Dual SIM the Gen3 platform has support for both 5G Dual-SIM Dual Active (DSDA) and Dual-SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) configurations.
For more details on Qualcomm Fixed Wireless Access Platform Gen 3, please see this blog post.
Qualcomm (qualcomm.com) is enabling a world where everyone and everything can be intelligently connected. Our one technology roadmap allows us to efficiently scale the technologies that launched the mobile revolution including advanced connectivity, high-performance, low-power compute, on-device intelligence and more to the next generation of connected smart devices across industries. Innovations from Qualcomm and our family of Snapdragon platforms will help enable cloud-edge convergence, transform industries, accelerate the digital economy, and revolutionize how we experience the world, for the greater good.
Qualcomm Incorporated includes our licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of our patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, operates, along with its subsidiaries, substantially all of our engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of our products and services businesses, including our QCT semiconductor business. Snapdragon and Qualcomm branded products are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Qualcomm patented technologies are licensed by Qualcomm Incorporated.
Qualcomm, Snapdragon, and Smart Transmit are trademarks or registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated.
Qualcomm Contact: Mauricio Lopez-Hodoyan - Investor Relations
P: 858-658-4813 - E: ir[.]qualcomm.com.