NewswireTODAY - /newswire/ -
Aliso Viejo, CA, United States, 2023/01/17 - Database replication software enables resilient database architectures, interoperability between data platforms and database migrations in complex IT environments - Quest.com. NASDAQ: QSFT
• Expanded support for PostgreSQL enables the creation of complex, enterprise-grade PostgreSQL architectures;
• Replication to Snowflake allows users to create real-time data pipelines into Snowflake.
Quest Software, a global systems management, data protection and security software provider, today announced the general availability of SharePlex 11, now covering PostgreSQL and Snowflake, to support high volume, mission-critical database replication.
SharePlex offers businesses support for data replication, across the most important data platforms today, to ensure database availability and systems interoperability. SharePlex product features help businesses to modernize their data infrastructure while ensuring high performance, keeping data in sync and maintaining peak operational performance.
“As enterprises continue to look for ways to reduce overbearing license costs and lower their IT spend, PostgreSQL continues to demonstrate that it is a viable open-source database option. Our mission is to ensure that customers who wish to adopt PostgreSQL for their mission-critical applications have the necessary availability, disaster recovery and horizontal scaling capabilities they need to confidently deploy PostgreSQL” said Bharath Vasudevan, Vice President of Product Management and Marketing for Quest ISM.
SharePlex 11 key features include:
• PostgreSQL to PostgreSQL active-active replication, with conflict resolution to ensure high availability, disaster recovery and horizontal scaling;
• Active-active replication between Oracle and PostgreSQL, with conflict resolution, to support complex Oracle migration use cases and ongoing interoperability requirements;
• Replication to Snowflake to create data pipelines into the Snowflake Data Cloud;
• The ability to move data from PostgreSQL to targets like Kafka and SQL Server for real-time analytics and integration.
“SharePlex has supported the world’s highest volume and mission-critical Oracle environments for over two decades. We are proud to build on this legacy and know that this is going help businesses expand what is possible with PostgreSQL,” said Rick Schiller, Senior Product Manager for SharePlex. “In addition to the PostgreSQL capabilities, we are also excited to support Snowflake as a target and help customers rapidly take advantage of the great new technology Snowflake brings to the market.”
About Quest Software
Quest (quest.com) creates software solutions that make the benefits of new technology real in an increasingly complex IT landscape. From database and systems management, to Active Directory and Microsoft 365 migration and management, and cybersecurity resilience, Quest helps customers solve their next IT challenge now. Around the globe, more than 130,000 companies and 95% of the Fortune 500 count on Quest to deliver proactive management and monitoring for the next enterprise initiative, find the next solution for complex Microsoft challenges and stay ahead of the next threat. Quest Software. Where next meets now.