• Razer Edge 5G is the world’s first device to be powered by the new cutting-edge Snapdragon® G3x Gen 1 Gaming Platform.
• The device brings next-generation handheld gaming to players’ hands with premium performance, robust connectivity with Verizon 5G mmWave and Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 6900 mobile connectivty system, low-latency audio for lag-free gaming with Snapdragon Sound™ technology suite and the full arsenal of Snapdragon Elite Gaming™ technologies.
• Announced by Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan during RazerCon, the device delivers thousands of AAA games to players virtually anywhere and will be available early 2023.
This groundbreaking collaboration introduces the world’s first dedicated 5G handheld gaming device, equipped with the latest processing power from the Snapdragon G3x and Razer’s industry-leading gaming hardware. Designed with gamers in mind throughout every element, the device features:
• Premier Hardware: The Razer Edge (razer.com) is engineered to be the ultimate handheld gaming hardware and at the heart of this is Snapdragon G3x Gen 1. The platform is built from the ground up to deliver industry-leading graphics and performance per watt, so gamers will never have to compromise in long gaming sessions. Snapdragon Elite Gaming unlocks smooth interactions, blazing-fast response, and ultra-realistic graphics with cinematic detail. The AMOLED display is optimized for efficiency, leading to hours of gaming on the 5000mAh capacity battery.
• Game Virtually Anywhere: No longer held back by cords, the Razer Edge offers robust connectivity that features best-in-class antennas giving gamers the option to experience near-zero latency gaming with Verizon 5G mmWave while out and about or crisp Wi-Fi 6E connections at home with FastConnect 6900. Bringing blazing fast speeds and ultra-low sustained latency, FastConnect 6900 is the premium Wi-Fi and Bluetooth platform to deliver the ultimate edge.
• Unlimited Play Across Platforms: From the get-go, Razer Edge will have thousands of AAA games compatible with the device, whether it be native Android games and pre-installed launchers like Epic Games, cloud streaming services like Xbox Game Pass or remote play options offering full access to PC libraries.
“In collaboration with Razer and Verizon, we are paving the way for a powerful new category of gaming devices,” said Micah Knapp, senior director of product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “Uniting our unparalleled technologies with Razer’s award-winning hardware has resulted in a revolutionary device that we’re proud to break new ground for next generation of innovated gaming.”
Qualcomm (qualcomm.com) is the world’s leading wireless technology innovator and the driving force behind the development, launch, and expansion of 5G. When we connected the phone to the internet, the mobile revolution was born. Today, our foundational technologies enable the mobile ecosystem and are found in every 3G, 4G and 5G smartphone. We bring the benefits of mobile to new industries, including automotive, the internet of things, and computing, and are leading the way to a world where everything and everyone can communicate and interact seamlessly.
Qualcomm Incorporated includes our licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of our patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, operates, along with its subsidiaries, substantially all of our engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of our products and services businesses, including our QCT semiconductor business.
Qualcomm, FastConnect, Snapdragon Elite Gaming, Snapdragon and Snapdragon Sound are trademarks or registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. Qualcomm FastConnect, Snapdragon, Snapdragon Elite Gaming and Snapdragon Sound are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Qualcomm Contact: Mauricio Lopez-Hodoyan - Investor Relations
P: 858-658-4813 - E: ir[.]qualcomm.com.