Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit (Booth #1910) - Curtiss-Wright's Defense Solutions division, a leading supplier of Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) based solutions engineered to succeed, announced that it will present a wide range of processing, communication, and machine/human-interface technology demonstrations at the Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit, April 4-5, 2022, Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Convention Center, Nashville, TN. The demonstrations will feature best-in-class support technology from partner companies, and highlight how MOSA interoperability is driving transformational change across Army Aviation systems. Demonstrations will include Curtiss-Wright’s Fortress family of rugged flight data recorders, safety certifiable COTS hardware solutions for reliable deterministic airworthiness, moving map systems, and the TCG HUNTR tactical data link (TDL) hub and translator for air to ground communications with Link 16, VMF, CESMO, and Cursor-on-Target.
“At this year’s Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit, in support of MOSA principles and innovation, we will highlight our compatibility with other hardware and software from trusted third-party partners,” said Chris Wiltsey, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions. “In addition to showcasing interoperability for high-performance processing, tactical battlefield communications, networking, and secure data storage, we will also host numerous demos, including our TCG HUNTR Tactical Data Link Hub and Network Translator and our DO-254 DAL A safety certifiable T2080-based VPX3-152 3U OpenVPX single board computer.”
Curtiss-Wright Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit Demonstrations
In its booth, Curtiss-Wright will demonstrate a broad range of rugged MOSA solutions that showcase interoperability for high-performance processing, tactical battlefield communications, networking, secure data storage, and more. A Curtiss-Wright Parvus DuraCOR® 311 mission computer, serving as the workstation for the demos, will be supported by Curtiss-Wright rugged GVDU touchscreen displays.
• Curtiss-Wright’s TCG HUNTR TDL Hub and Network Translator will be shown supporting TDLs, including Link 16, VMF, CESMO, Cursor-on-Target, and situational awareness. Simulation software will provide visibility into real-world links with air, sea and ground platforms on a local map.
• Curtiss-Wright’s DO-254 DAL A safety certifiable T2080-based VPX3-152 3U OpenVPX single board computer (SBC), integrated with a DO-254 DAL A safety certifiable E8860 based V3-717 DO-254 safety-certifiable graphics processor will be demonstrated running a Digital Cockpit Flight Display application.
• The Curtiss-Wright CMOSS Starter Kit, a small form factor 3-slot system, will be shown integrated with Curtiss-Wright VPX3-1260 SBC (SOSA IOI profile 14.2.16), VPX3-687 Gigabit Ethernet (SOSA Switch profile 14.4.14), and VPX3-673 SBC/Timing Card (SOSA Radial Clock [A-PNT]) modules.
• Curtiss-Wright PacStar IQ-Core Software for Configuration, Management and Monitoring, will provide a unified user interface for simplifying the convergence of SOSA, MOSA, and CMOSS capabilities. Also on display will be the PacStar SAVE Hybrid solution for MOSA and CMOSS, which supports the Army’s Standardized A-Kit/Vehicle Envelope (SAVE) standard. The SAVE system demo will feature the PacStar 400-Series of tactical communications and processing modules and the VPX SMART Chassis.
• An LCR Embedded Systems 800 Series AoC3U-821 Chassis will be shown integrated with a Curtiss-Wright VPX3-1260 SBC (SOSA IOI profile 14.2.16), VPX3-E320 software defined radio module (SOSA Payload profile 14.6.11), and VPX3-687 GbE switch (SOSA Switch profile 14.4.14) modules.
• VMWare software will be shown running on the VPX3-1260 SBC to support flexible, modular, rapid deployment of virtual machines with operating systems and preloaded applications.
• 3dB Labs SCEPTRE software will be shown interoperating with Curtiss-Wright’s VPX3-E320 software defined radio (SDR) module to show live RF spectrum and demodulation.
• L3Harris FACE conformant FliteScene software will be shown supporting a tactical moving map for small airborne platforms with awareness of terrain and threats.
These demos will highlight how the interoperability of MOSA-based solutions enable a system built for one specific mission to be leveraged to support new missions, with little or no modification.
Curtiss-Wright Partner Booths:
• Annapolis Micro Systems (Booth #2117) will demonstrate their SOSA-aligned WILD100™ Multi-Vendor 100GbE System, featuring a Curtiss-Wright VPX3-1260 SBC.
• New Wave Design and Verification (New Wave DV) (Booth #1009) will show the Curtiss-Wright CHAMP-XD1 digital signal processor engine integrated with a New Wave DV XMC V1153 ARINC 818 module, which will run multiple ARINC-818 channels simultaneously.
Broadest Range of MOSA Solutions for Aerospace & Defense Programs
Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions offerings are based on the Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA). These open architecture solutions eliminate proprietary interfaces through the use of widely supported consensus-based standards for the major system interfaces between systems and components. From rugged COTS components and modules to ready-to-integrate subsystems, our full suite of solutions, and our product road map, all adhere to MOSA.
Curtiss-Wright MOSA Solutions include fully integrated CMOSS/SOSA aligned systems, as well as 3U and 6U OpenVPX system building blocks. For system development we offer complete system architecture services, Quick Reaction Capabilities, and development platforms such as our 3U OpenVPX CMOSS/SOSA-aligned enclosures and CMOSS/SOSA Starter Kits.
We offer the most comprehensive range of open standards based small form factor subsystems and modules, including the PacStar® 400 Series of modular Tactical Battlefield Communications solutions, the ultra-compact Parvus® family of processing and network line replaceable units (LRUs), and a complete line of data acquisition solutions. Our MOSA based rugged data solutions support high-density secure data storage protected with either Type 1 Top Secret or NSA-certified Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) encryption. Designed for use on platforms that experience intense shock and vibration, such as helicopters and ground vehicles, our family of video management systems and rugged touchscreen LCD displays delivers optimal performance in harsh environments.
Whether in the air, on the ground, or at sea, Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions MOSA technologies deliver high reliability and performance for the most demanding deployed applications, such as Battle Command, Mission Analysis & Planning, SIGINT, RADAR, EW, Flight Test, Jamming, Comms, Fire Control, Vehicle Electronics and Human Machine Interfaces.
A Leader in Open Standards
Curtiss-Wright is an active contributor to the definition and advancement of the open standards included in CMOSS and those being defined in The Open Group Sensor Open Systems Architecture™ (SOSA). Curtiss-Wright has been a leading participant in the development of the CMOSS and SOSA standards since the inception of both initiatives and is a key participant in several SOSA™ Consortium working groups (including holding a chair position in the SOSA Consortium). In addition, the company has been a leading contributor to the VITA Standards Organization (VSO) that oversees the definition of the OpenVPX, PMC, XMC, and FMC form-factor standards that provide the foundation of both CMOSS and SOSA technical standards. This makes Curtiss-Wright ideally positioned to work with customers to help guide the development and success of their CMOSS- and SOSA-aligned applications.
About Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (curtisswright.com | curtisswrightds.com) is a global integrated business that provides highly engineered products, solutions and services mainly to Aerospace & Defense markets, as well as critical technologies in demanding Commercial Power, Process and Industrial markets. Headquartered in Davidson, N.C., we leverage a workforce of 7,800 highly skilled employees who develop, design and build what we believe are the best engineered solutions to the markets we serve. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing innovative solutions through trusted customer relationships.
NOTE: All trademarks are property of their respective owners.