Curtiss-Wright's Defense Solutions division, a leading supplier of modular open systems approach (MOSA) based solutions engineered to succeed, announced that it will present a wide range of open architecture interoperable solutions, in collaboration with best-in-class technology partners, at the Tri-Service Open Architecture Interoperability Demonstration (TSOA-ID) TIM & Expo, being held March 15, 2022, at the Solomons Inn Resort & Marina, Maryland. The key messages of the TSOA-ID are the principles and innovations of MOSA and the benefits of interoperability that it delivers for easing, speeding, and lowering the cost of solutions for our warfighters. In addition to serving as Distinguished Host for TSOA-ID, Curtiss-Wright will support the MOSA messages by presenting numerous demonstrations of interoperable open architecture based solutions in its main booth (Booth #27), in the Curtiss-Wright Partner Demo Pavilion, and in the booths of a variety of leading industry partners. Curtiss-Wright will show a breadth of deployable systems and lab assets based on open standards, including VICTORY, CMOSS, and others, from leading standards organizations, such as the SOSA Consortium, the FACE Consortium, IEEE, and VITA.
In its main booth, Curtiss-Wright is setting up a SOSA Integration Lab, and together with partners, including Annapolis Micro Systems, Behlman, Crossfield, LCR, NI, and REDCOM, will demonstrate a broad range of rugged MOSA solutions that showcase interoperability for high-performance processing, tactical battlefield communications, networking, secure data storage, and more. The demos will feature Curtiss-Wright OpenVPX hardware, Parvus® hardware and software and PacStar® software. In addition, the Curtiss-Wright Partner Demo Pavilion will play host to demonstrations of open standards based deployable systems and lab assets based from Curtiss-Wright and its partners, such as 3dB Labs, ForcePoint, L3Harris and LCR.
“At TSOA-ID 2022, in support of MOSA principles and innovation, we are proud to highlight Curtiss-Wright’s compatibility with other hardware and software from trusted third-party partners,” said Chris Wiltsey, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions. “During TSOA-ID, we will showcase interoperability for high-performance processing, tactical battlefield communications, networking, secure data storage, and more. In addition to hosting our SOSA Integration Lab, the Curtiss-Wright booth will host numerous demos including the company’s TCG HUNTR Tactical Data Link Hub and Network Translator, and highlight compatibility with other hardware and software from trusted third-party partners.”
In the main Curtiss-Wright booth, a network backbone will connect all the demo equipment and virtual machines, allowing all the demos to be accessed from any one workstation for an everything-from-everywhere demo approach. The network will use a Curtiss-Wright Parvus DuraNET® 3300 Cisco® switch and two Curtiss-Wright Parvus DuraCOR® 311 mission computers which will serve as workstations for the demos, as well as Curtiss-Wright AVDU and GVDU touchscreen displays. Curtiss-Wright PacStar® IQ-Core® Software will be used to map and manage all network activity.
Curtiss-Wright MOSA Demonstrations will include:
• Curtiss-Wright’s TCG HUNTR Tactical Data Link (TDL) Hub and Network Translator will be shown supporting TDLs including Link 16 and situational awareness. Simulation software will provide visibility into real world links with air, sea and ground platforms on a local map.
• The Curtiss-Wright CMOSS Starter Kit, a small form factor 3-slot system, will be integrated with Curtiss-Wright VPX3-1260 single board computer (SOSA IOI profile 14.2.16), VPX3-687 (SOSA Switch profile 14.4.14), and VPX3-673 (SOSA Radial Clock [APNT]) modules.
• LCR Embedded Systems 800 Series AoC3U-821 Chassis will be shown integrated with Curtiss-Wright VPX3-1260 (SOSA IOI profile 14.2.16), VPX3-E320 (SOSA Payload profile 14.6.11), VPX3-687 (SOSA Switch profile 14.4.14) modules and a Behlman power supply (VITA 62).
• LCR Embedded Systems’ CW-DK3 Lab Chassis will be shown integrated with the VPX3-1260 (SOSA IOI profile 14.2.16), VPX3-687 (SOSA Switch profile 14.4.14), and Crossfield NVMe Storage (SOSA Payload profile 14.6.11) modules.
• VMWare will be shown running on the VPX3-1260 to support flexible, modular, rapid deployment of virtual machines with operating systems and preloaded applications.
• REDCOM’s Sigma software will be shown supporting video, voice and chat over PTT radios.
• 3dB Labs SCEPTRE software will interoperate with Curtiss-Wright’s VPX3-E320 Software Defined Radio Card to show live RF spectrum and demodulation.
• An NI Commercial Ettus E320 USRP unit, functionally equivalent to the rugged VPX3-E320, will run SCEPTRE and show the cost-effectiveness of developing SDR applications on the popular Ettus E320 for deployment in OpenVPX environments.
• L3Harris’ FACE conformant FliteScene will be shown supporting a tactical moving map for small airborne platforms with awareness of terrain and threats.
These demos will highlight how the interoperability of SOSA-aligned solutions enables a system built for one specific mission to be leveraged to support new missions, with little or no modification.
The Curtiss-Wright Partner Demo Pavilion
In addition to its main booth, Curtiss-Wright will also host the Curtiss-Wright Partner Demo Pavilion. MOSA solutions on display in the Pavilion will include:
• Curtiss-Wright PacStar IQ-Core Software for Configuration, Management and Monitoring, providing a unified user interface for simplifying the convergence of SOSA, MOSA, and CMOSS capabilities. Also on display will be the PacStar SAVE Hybrid solution for MOSA and CMOSS including the PacStar 400-Series and VPX SMART Chassis.
• ForcePoint will demo High Speed Guard on Curtiss-Wright PacStar 400-Series equipment and the VPX3-1260 single board computer.
• L3Harris will demo DataCrypt™ Tactical Encryptor - Tactical Type-1 Encryptor providing in-line encryption for sensors, network connectivity, data fusion and NVME data acquisition; supports applications in tactical stand-alone, embedded and enterprise applications.
• LCR Embedded Systems will show examples from their growing line of rugged conduction cooled ATR chassis for SOSA aligned payloads that address current and future defense applications.
• 3dB Labs will demonstrate automatic RADAR parameterization and identification, Tier 1, 2, and 3 DPTT detect and decode, and air picture generation.
Complete CMOSS/SOSA System Solutions
Curtiss-Wright offers a broad range of CMOSS/SOSA- aligned system building blocks, including:
• CHAMP-XD3 Intel® Xeon-D 1700-based DSP engine;
• VPX3-687 VICTORY data / control plane Ethernet switch;
• VPX3-663 PCIe Gen 3 / 10G Ethernet hybrid switch;
• VPX3-673A A-PNT/Radial Clock card;
• VPX3-1260 9th Gen Intel Xeon-E processor-powered general-purpose single board computer;
• VPX3-E320 ruggedized universal software-defined radio peripheral;
• VPX3-4935 NVIDIA® Quadro™ Turing™-power GPU-coprocessing engine;
• 8-slot 3U OpenVPX CMOSS/SOSA-aligned enclosure;
• CMOSS/SOSA Starter Kit for ground combat vehicles with VPX3-1260, VPX3-673A and VPX3-687 modules.
A Leader in Open Standards
Curtiss-Wright is an active contributor to the definition and advancement of the open standards included in CMOSS and those being defined in The Open Group Sensor Open Systems Architecture™ (SOSA). Curtiss-Wright has been a leading participant in the development of the CMOSS and SOSA standards since the inception of both initiatives and is a key participant in several SOSA™ Consortium working groups (including holding a chair position in the SOSA Consortium). In addition, the company has been a leading contributor to the VITA Standards Organization (VSO) that oversees the definition of the OpenVPX, PMC, XMC, and FMC form-factor standards that provide the foundation of both CMOSS and SOSA technical standards. This makes Curtiss-Wright ideally positioned to work with customers to help guide the development and success of their CMOSS- and SOSA-aligned applications.
About Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (curtisswright.com) is a global integrated business that provides highly engineered products, solutions and services mainly to Aerospace & Defense markets, as well as critical technologies in demanding Commercial Power, Process and Industrial markets. Headquartered in Davidson, N.C., we leverage a workforce of 7,800 highly skilled employees who develop, design and build what we believe are the best engineered solutions to the markets we serve. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing innovative solutions through trusted customer relationships.
NOTE: All trademarks are property of their respective owners