NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, 2021/11/22 - New solutions including AI-enabled video system for police vehicles meet rising public expectations for safety, security and transparency - PMRExpo.de / MotorolaSolutions.com. TSX: AVO ; NYSE: MSI
At PMRExpo 2021 (Nov 23-25), Motorola Solutions will showcase its integrated mission-critical technology ecosystem that unifies voice, data, video security and access control solutions. The solutions support public safety agencies and commercial organisations to meet rising expectations for safety, as revealed in a recent global study. 88% of citizens globally want to see public safety transformed through the use of advanced technology. One of the highlights at PMRExpo (pmrexpo.de) includes the new AI-based M500 in-car video solution that helps to protect police officers and members of the public with intelligent video capture and analysis.
Motorola Solutions will also show its portfolio of body-worn cameras, digital radio solutions including Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA) system enhancements and advanced mission-critical broadband push-to-talk services.
Highlights at PMRExpo 2021:
• M500 in-car video system: On display for the first time in Germany, the new M500 in-car video system enabled by artificial intelligence. It features new backseat passenger analytics that automatically start in-car camera recording as soon as an individual enters the back seat of a police car. A major step forward in automating an everyday policing challenge to ensure the presence of an individual in a police vehicle is securely recorded and the video evidence is automatically tagged and saved to the incident record.
• L5M mobile Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) camera system: This high-performance ANPR solution is designed to accurately capture number plates and additional vehicle information, such as the car model, even when moving at high speeds. The software also identifies vehicles of interest by providing officers with real-time alerts and quick searches to boost insight and awareness.
• H5A rugged PTZ (Pan-Tilt-Zoom) camera: This camera combines high-resolution imaging, Pan-Tilt-Zoom, 360° views and up to 36x zoom with an extremely robust design to perform reliably in the harshest environments. Its wide dynamic range captures critical details in very bright and very dark areas. Its optional infrared and white light illuminators can also provide ideal brightness in low-light scenes.
• MXP600 compact TETRA radio and M-Radio Control collaboration app: This fully featured radio is small and lightweight yet is extremely rugged. It features intelligent microphone technology for high performing noise cancellation and simplified device management via over-the-air programming (OTAP). M-Radio Control is a collaborative app that runs on a Bluetooth paired smartphone and allows control of the MXP600 whilst keeping the radio attached to the body or discreetly out of sight. With the app, users can scroll through talk groups, send secure messages and communicate discreetly when needed.
• DIMETRA X Core Deployable: Our DIMETRA TETRA solutions offer secure, reliable and efficient communications customised to meet the needs of a wide range of users from single-site to fully scalable nationwide systems. The new DIMETRA X Core Deployable solution is ideal for humanitarian relief and military operations because it is quick to deploy and provides everything needed to get a communications network up and running.
• VB400 Body-Worn Camera and VideoManager Software: The ruggedised body-worn cameras are designed to improve responder safety and increase transparency between police and citizens. The VB400 offers intuitive operation and recording capabilities, long battery life of up to twelve hours and a pre-recording function, allowing events to be documented up to two minutes before manual recording starts. This enables police officers to record unexpected situations without missing the start of an incident.
"The public's expectation and acceptance for the use of technology to ensure their safety has grown significantly in recent months", says Axel Kukuk, country manager Germany at Motorola Solutions. "We have seen many customers accelerate technology deployments, particularly when it comes to the adoption of video security and greater interoperability between systems to increase safety, security and drive productivity across their operations."
Motorola Solutions presentations at PMRExpo 2021:
November 24, 2021:
10.30-11.00 am: "TETRA to 2035 and beyond - an overview of the continuing enhancement of the TETRA standard", Dave Chater-Lea, Fellow of the Technical Staff, Motorola Solutions.
3.45-4.15 pm: "Building Next Generation Public Safety Networks", Ricardo Gonzalez, Head of Strategy EMEA, Motorola Solutions.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions (motorolasolutions.com) is a global leader in public safety and enterprise security. Our solutions in land mobile radio mission-critical communications, video security & access control and command centre software, bolstered by managed & support services, create the most integrated technology ecosystem to make communities safer and help businesses stay productive and secure. At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security.