NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Tomsk, Russia, 2021/09/30 - Now Elecard CodecWorks supports hardware encoding on NVIDIA graphics cards. What is more, we have added support for most popular protocols and implemented a new web-interface! - Elecard.com.
Formats and protocols
• SRT stream encryption is added.
• Support for receiving a stream over the RTMP protocol.
• Support for receiving and broadcasting a stream over the RIST protocol.
• CPU-based real-time transcoding into HEVC.
Now CodecWorks implements faster and more user-friendly web-interface. The alpha version is released, so functionality is limited, but soon the interface will get the full range of great features.
• Hardware transcoding on an NVIDIA graphics card is available now.
• Internal interaction for the software components is accelerated.
• Now the scheme version history is registered you can safely edit the scheme and then easily restore the initial version.
• The possibility of manual generation for service information tables NIT, SDT, TDT is added.
• In the Manager, the new Input URL column is added. The column value can be copied for further use.
• Now you can search schema by URL.
• The list of SNMP events that can be notified by CodecWorks is extended.
• The logging system is redesigned: log rotation by size or creation time is added. Rotation events are registered in the Log.
This time we focused on the Windows version. Elecard CodecWorks 4.8 for Linux also supports SRT, RTMP and RIST as well as includes some other improvements. Support for NVIDIA graphics and other important features will be added soon stay tuned for more news!
If you want to learn more about encoding on NVIDIA graphics cards, take a look at our article “Intel vs NVIDIA: a comparison of video encoding using GPUs”. This article discusses the main advantages and drawbacks of these solutions, using Intel’s QuickSync and NVIDIA’s NVENC as examples.
Elecard (elecard.com) develops and provides video compression solutions, analyzers of media streams and compressed video bitstreams, and QoS & QoE probes for real-time video monitoring. Elecard MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, HEVC live encoders and MPEG-DASH/HLS packagers are in production with Tier 1/2/3 broadcasters, IPTV and OTT operators. VVC, HEVC, AV1, VP9, MPEG-2 and H.264/AVC video analyzers, monitoring probes, encoders and playback software enable system architects, SoC designers and QA to shorten development cycles and improve time to market. Elecard also creates bespoke software and hardware solutions to help your business thrive.