What’s New: Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. announced that its flagship Snapdragon® 888 5G Mobile Platform is powering Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.’s latest cutting-edge foldable smartphones (samsung.com), the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 and Galaxy Z Flip3. Snapdragon 888, which powers both devices globally, packs industry-leading innovations in connectivity, AI, gaming, and photography to enable the premium Android experiences users deserve.
• Samsung Electronics, Google, and Qualcomm Technologies continue to work together to define the benchmark for premium Android experiences,” said Cristiano Amon, president and chief executive officer, Qualcomm Incorporated. “We are honored that Samsung has chosen Snapdragon 888 to power its latest cutting-edge foldable smartphones globally. Together we once again set the bar of what consumers should expect from their most valued device."
• Samsung, Qualcomm Technologies, and Google continue to team up to create optimized foldable experiences,” said ΤM Roh, president and head of mobile communications business, Samsung Electronics. "We’re excited to introduce Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Samsung’s 3rd generation of ground-breaking foldable smartphones. From a revolutionary expanded screen to versatility of seamless multitasking, both devices are premium foldable smartphones built with craftsmanship and cutting-edge innovations."
• “Our collaboration with Qualcomm Technologies and Samsung allows for deep hardware and software integration, bringing Samsung Galaxy users unique Android experiences globally,” said Hiroshi Lockheimer, senior vice president of platforms and ecosystems, Google. “Samsung’s new foldable smartphones powered by Snapdragon 888 are pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences, including immersive Google apps and services like Google Duo, YouTube, and Google Maps.”
Snapdragon 888: Snapdragon 888 packs industry-leading mobile innovations in 5G, AI, gaming, and camera technologies. This class of experiences transforms flagship devices into professional-quality cameras, intelligent personal assistants, and elite gaming rigs. Both devices feature the third generation 5G modem-to-antenna solution that supports sub-6 carrier aggregation and mmWave1. The Galaxy Z Fold3 comes equipped with Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 6900 and supports both Wi-Fi 6 and 6E2, and the Galaxy Z Flip3 features FastConnect 6800 with support for Wi-Fi 6.
Qualcomm (qualcomm.com) is the world’s leading wireless technology innovator and the driving force behind the development, launch, and expansion of 5G. When we connected the phone to the internet, the mobile revolution was born. Today, our foundational technologies enable the mobile ecosystem and are found in every 3G, 4G and 5G smartphone. We bring the benefits of mobile to new industries, including automotive, the internet of things, and computing, and are leading the way to a world where everything and everyone can communicate and interact seamlessly.
Qualcomm Incorporated includes our licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of our patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, operates, along with its subsidiaries, substantially all of our engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of our products and services businesses, including our QCT semiconductor business.
1. 5G network availability and connection speed may vary depending on the country, network provider and user environment.
2. Wi-Fi 6E availability may vary depending on the country.
Qualcomm, Snapdragon and FastConnect are trademarks or registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated.
Snapdragon and Qualcomm FastConnect are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Contact: Mauricio Lopez-Hodoyan - Investor Relations
P: 858-658-4813 - E: ir[.]qualcomm.com.