NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Vienna, Austria, 2021/08/06 - Mondi, a leading global packaging and paper manufacturer, is rolling out a comprehensive portfolio of corrugated packaging solutions for the online grocery market across Central Europe - Mondigroup.com.
• Seven new packaging solutions meet the growing demand for online grocery (eGrocery) delivery services;
• Sustainable eGrocery portfolio offers a packaging solution for a range of delivery channels including click & collect to local or nationwide deliveries;
• Innovative designs offer retailers fully recyclable, efficient and convenient packaging options.
Using its wealth of experience in eCommerce packaging, Mondi has created clever new solutions for the diverse needs of grocery retailers who can now deliver a variety of goods, from perishable food to wine bottles in fit-for-purpose packaging. All boxes in the eGrocery portfolio are fully recyclable and meet customers' requirements of sustainability, cost efficiency and product protection.
Mondi’s latest eGrocery packaging solutions follow the successful introduction of its BCoolBox in March and its VinoBoxes in May. Grocery retailers can choose from Mondi’s expanded portfolio of seven sustainable corrugated packaging solutions for all kinds of grocery pick-up and delivery options, such as click & collect, local deliveries via retailers' own vehicle fleets or long-distance deliveries via third-party carriers. The boxes can be adapted to be used by small and large scale retailers.
“The Covid-19 pandemic has boosted the popularity of online grocery shopping, especially in our Central European markets. Our customers in the retail grocery sector are quickly adapting to growing consumer demand for pick-up and delivery options. We pride ourselves in developing smart, fit-for-purpose packaging to meet our customers’ needs, which is why we’re rolling out these efficient, sustainable solutions designed for a variety of delivery methods and styles.”
Armand Schoonbrood, Chief Operating Officer Corrugated Solutions at Mondi
Mondi’s latest eGrocery packaging solutions include:
• Pick&ShipBox a one-pack solution for all channels. It adapts to multiple requirements and offers convenience features such as easy lifting and opening.
• PantryBox for quick and easy filling and closing. It is strong, stackable, and suitable for carrier shipping or click & collect.
• RecipeBox for doorstep delivery of fresh produce and groceries. It has an integrated lid and optional holes for better ventilation.
• EatsBox for smaller local deliveries by bike or scooter. It is lightweight and offers a quick filling option.
• Click&LoadBox for click & collect of mixed grocery orders. It has handles for loading into cars and carrying home.
• Click&EnjoyBox for holiday, gift or seasonal promotion packs. It has compartments for tall products like bottles, with an easy handle carrier.
• Click&CarryBox for heavier mixed orders, providing strength and stability. It has an integrated handle for easy carrying.
“Mondi's action plan MAP2030 has ambitious sustainability commitments over the next ten years including a target to make 100% of our products reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2025. This expansion of our eGrocery portfolio is another example of how we want to drive real change and support retailers to use sustainable packaging solutions that keep materials in circulation and prevent waste. Whether near or far, fragile glass containers or perishable vegetables, our eGrocery portfolio offers efficient and protective packaging solutions,” concludes Schoonbrood.
Sales contact: Nedim Nisic, eCommerce Manager
Mondi (mondigroup.com) is a global leader in packaging and paper, contributing to a better world by making innovative packaging and paper solutions that are sustainable by design. Our business is integrated across the value chain from managing forests and producing pulp, paper and plastic films, to developing and manufacturing effective industrial and consumer packaging solutions. Sustainability is at the centre of our strategy and intrinsic in the way we do business. We lead the industry with our customer-centric approach, EcoSolutions, where we ask the right questions to find the most sustainable solution. In 2020, Mondi had revenues of €6.66 billion and underlying EBITDA of €1.35 billion.
Mondi has a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange (MNDI), and a secondary listing on the JSE Limited (MNP). Mondi is a FTSE 100 constituent, and has been included in the FTSE4Good Index Series since 2008 and the FTSE/JSE Responsible Investment Index Series since 2007.
Mondi Group offers a full portfolio of eCommerce packaging solutions and products that are fit for purpose, innovative and sustainable by design. We are setting new standards in the industry with our expertise in sustainable materials and product design. Driven by an agile and customer-centric mindset, our extensive network of in-house designers and engineers develop award-winning eCommerce solutions together with our partners. Our focus is on decreasing total packaging costs, reducing waste, and meeting end-consumer needs through a combination of our sustainability expertise and full portfolio of multi-material solutions, including kraft and functional barrier paper, paper bags and corrugated solutions.