NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Graz, Austria, 2021/03/24 - International technology Group ANDRITZ has launched the latest innovation in low-consistency refining the TwinFlo Prime refiner, combining concentrated performance in a very compact design - ANDRITZ.com. Reuters: ANDR.VI
The TwinFlo Prime builds on the success of more than 2,000 LC refining plants from ANDRITZ operating all over the world. The newly developed LC refiner combines the well-proven basic principles of the current ANDRITZ TwinFlo refiner with the higher energy input possible, reduced maintenance needs, and increased refiner plate lifetime.
The ANDRITZ TwinFlo Prime features the following innovations:
• Fixed connection between rotor and shaft. Both components move together in axial direction. There are no impediments to axial movement in the process area because this movement is transferred to the coupling via the bearing unit.
• Hydrodynamic, water-lubricated plain bearing. This bearing technology makes the extremely compact design of the new LC refiner possible and enables the rotor and shaft to float freely in axial direction. This leads to a 30% reduction in refiner length and a gain of up to 25% in energy input with the resulting higher performance compared to the current TwinFlo refiner.
• Reduced wear on refiner plates. Optimum pulp flow to each refining zone eliminates uneven wear on refiner plates and provides longer plate lifetime as well as reduced maintenance costs.
• Advanced operating conditions. The new LC refiner is environmentally friendly, operating without oil, and features a special damping device to ensure excellent refining results as well as safe operation.
• Versatile in application. The TwinFlo Prime is suited to all LC refining applications regardless of the raw materials and process set-up used.
Markus Pichler, Vice President of the Mechanical Pulping, Paper, Fiber and Recycling Division at ANDRITZ: “The challenges and demands of our customers have always been at the forefront of our research and development work. That’s why we are especially proud to present our new LC refiner, which offers extensive solutions to meet these demands. I am convinced that the new TwinFlo Prime is the right way to achieve our customers’ high performance goals.”
About ANDRITZ GROUP
International technology group ANDRITZ (andritz.com) offers a broad portfolio of innovative plants, equipment, systems and services for the pulp and paper industry, the hydropower sector, the metals processing and forming industry, pumps, solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors, as well as animal feed and biomass pelleting. Plants for power generation, flue gas cleaning, recycling, and the production of nonwovens and panelboard complete the global product and service offering. Innovative products and services in the industrial digitalization sector are offered under the brand name Metris and help customers to make their plants more user-friendly, efficient and profitable. The publicly listed group has around 27,200 employees and more than 280 locations in over 40 countries.
About ANDRITZ PULP & PAPER
ANDRITZ Pulp & Paper provides equipment, systems, complete plants and services for the production of all types of pulp, paper, board and tissue. The technologies and services focus on maximum utilization of raw materials, increased production efficiency and sustainability as well as lower overall operating costs. Boilers for power generation, flue gas cleaning systems, plants for the production of nonwovens and panelboard (MDF), as well as recycling and shredding solutions for various waste materials also form a part of this business area. State-of-the-art IIoT technologies as part of Metris digitalization solutions complete the comprehensive product offering.