NewswireTODAY - /newswire/ -
Tokyo, Japan, 2020/08/24 - NEC Corporation and Lawson, Inc. will begin Proof of Concept (PoC) of a store using digital technologies at the Lawson Graha Tamiya store in Indonesia from August 25 to September 30, aimed at improving store operations and sales - Lawson.jp / NEC.com. NEC; TSE: 6701
NEC Corporation (NEC), a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies, and Lawson, Inc. (Lawson) (lawson.jp), one of the top convenience store chains in Asia will begin Proof of Concept (PoC) of a store using digital technologies at the Lawson Graha Tamiya store in Indonesia from August 25 to September 30, aimed at improving store operations and sales.
In this PoC, NEC's systems and knowledge of store operations, such as visual analysis technology and sensing technology, will be used to visualize store operations, customer purchasing trends, and the power consumption of store equipment. NEC will make proposals for improvement, including real-time feedback to employees based on visualized data.
Lawson entered Indonesia in 2011 and currently operates 71 stores in the country as of the end of July 2020. Based on the results of this PoC, Lawson will optimize store operations and improve sales using digital technologies at stores in Indonesia and other Asian countries.
In addition, NEC will use ICT to realize Smart Retail CX in support of store operations that continue to create valuable customer experiences.
In Indonesia, Lawson's development of delivery services has made the store a lifeline for many people who find it difficult to get out amid the expansion of social distancing and telecommuting in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Lawson stores in Indonesia continue to operate their stores while implementing safety measures that include the promotion of hand washing, mask wearing, and disinfecting with alcohol.
Store Technologies, visualized information and PoC goals
Technologies - Visual analysis technology
1) Store operations
- customers waiting at registers
- average time waiting at register
- employee task progress
- visualize points for improvement in store operations
- visualize employee task progress and verify sales correlations for revenue maximization and opportunity loss reduction
2) Customer trends
- traffic volume in front of the store
- number of visitors
- customer attributes (age and gender)
- number of non-purchasers
- stay time of products on each shelf
- in-store action flow
- visualize customer trends and verify measures for revenue maximization
Technologies - Sensing technology (such as IoT)
3) Power consumption and usage of store equipment
- temperature inside of refrigerators
- opening and closing of refrigerator doors
- electric power utilization of facilities such as coffee machines
- verify energy saving in equipment consumption, and verification of cost control
• Store name: Graha Tamiya
• Address: Jl.Scientia Boulevard, Curug Sangereng, Kec.Klp.Dua, Tangerang, Banten 15810, Indonesia
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation (nec.com) has established itself as a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies while promoting the brand statement of “Orchestrating a brighter world.” NEC enables businesses and communities to adapt to rapid changes taking place in both society and the market as it provides for the social values of safety, security, fairness and efficiency to promote a more sustainable world where everyone has the chance to reach their full potential.
NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. ©2020 NEC Corporation.